Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 4-speed pattern shift knob, bakelight original
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Hawk
Any out there. PM me please.
mepstein
Try the 912 forum
burton73
https://www.aasesales.com/products/noloc-b52-152i-111860 $220. And I think Sierra Madre has them. I was looking for one for my 930 4-speed box in my V8 car. Not cheep.

Bob B
Hawk
Thanks but those 2 and even Porsche Classic are plastic repros, not the original Bakelite material.
Mikey914
Bakelite is actually a more expensive material than the more modern Plastics. I could replicate these and Bakelite do just about any shift pattern you would like. It would not be an inexpensive proposition for a one-off. But it could be doable. I would hope that there might be more than one that would need this.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 10 2017, 05:57 PM) *

Bakelite is actually a more expensive material than the more modern Plastics. I could replicate these and Bakelite do just about any shift pattern you would like. It would not be an inexpensive proposition for a one-off. But it could be doable. I would hope that there might be more than one that would need this.

The early 911 and 912 crowd might be able nterested.
burton73
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-PORSCHE-911-91...jUAAOSwVFlUAe-M

From Germany for $29.00 with free shipping.

I would get this one but I am not 100% sure it is right for my 930 4 speed box. Cannot beat the price.

Bob B
Shift Knob

4 Speed

Fits Porsche 911 1965 - 1971 and 914

Not Genuine Porsche

Free Shipping
Hawk
Background- Bakelite is a trade name taken from its inventor, Leo Baekeland, who invented Bakelite in 1907. Bakelite is made from carbolic acid (phenol) and formaldehyde and is referred to as a phenolic resin. Bakelite was the first thermosetting plastic.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Hawk @ Nov 10 2017, 09:30 PM) *

Background- Bakelite is a trade name taken from its inventor, Leo Baekeland, who invented Bakelite in 1907. Bakelite is made from carbolic acid (phenol) and formaldehyde and is referred to as a phenolic resin. Bakelite was the first thermosetting plastic.

Mr. Hawk.
You can have my 4-speed plastic knob "free" for a cup of coffee & donut if your reverse is in this position. w00t.gif
The other one next to the plastic one is for a 914 5-speed Bakelite (different colors).
Tom, see you & Steve for the holiday's.
burton73
If he does not want the black shiny plastic, I will buy yours if you want to sell it. I need it for my 4 speed turbo 930 trans.in my V8 car

I think it is the same shift pattern

Bob B
Hawk
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Nov 12 2017, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Hawk @ Nov 10 2017, 09:30 PM) *

Mr. Hawk.
You can have my 4-speed plastic knob "free" for a cup of coffee & donut if your reverse is in this position. w00t.gif
The other one next to the plastic one is for a 914 5-speed Bakelite (different colors).
Tom, see you & Steve for the holiday's.

Tom,
That is very kind of you. Alas R is up next to 1st on my car so sell that one.
Coffee and donuts on me anytime my friend. We look forward to reconnecting.

I have the correct 4-speed knob now from a fellow up North. So all is good.
type47fan
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 12 2017, 01:34 PM) *

If he does not want the black shiny plastic, I will buy yours if you want to sell it. I need it for my 4 speed turbo 930 trans.in my V8 car

I think it is the same shift pattern

Bob B

Bob,

Would this shift pattern work for you? I have two (2), genuine Porsche, in excellent condition. PM me.

Thanks,

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
burton73
I did PM you but no reply.

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.