Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flag mirror help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I just got my mirrors from a member here and had some questions. What was included was the mirror assemblies them selves, and the mounting gaskets, but how do these mount on the door? The mirrors have two points that stick down, and a hole for a screw to go latteral of the points, but nothing else. Do I need to get a specific inner door base/mount? If so, where do I get this part?

Also, I know that there is a post with excellent instructions on where to mount the mirrors, but is there a template for the holes neede for mounting?

Thanks wavey.gif
markb
Call Dave @ GPR. He has the rubber gaskets (which will work for a template), and if you're missing the screw with the hook that holds it to the door, he has those too.
Dr Evil
I have the rubber gaskets, but everything else is missing.
Looks like I will be calling Dave.
jim_hoyland
The rubber gasket can be used as a template for the holes and you need the back up plate for the inside of the door. I'm certain PP has these.

I made a template of the dooor holes off a 911 that was in the paint shop. Can fax if you think you need it

Are you wiring up for the switches ?
Dr Evil
yup, I will be wiring the switches.
jim912928
You are also missing the inner plates!!!!!! There are two inner metal plates (one for each side) on 911's that go on the inside of the door (about 8 bucks apiece). These give the mirror strength and doesn't rely on the door skin for hooking into. I mounted mine (after positioning and cutting the holes) with a rivet to hold it in place. I got my inner plates at either Performance Products or Mid-america. But it is a porsche part so you should also be able to get it from GPR.
markb
QUOTE (jim912928 @ May 25 2005, 07:49 PM)
You are also missing the inner plates!!!!!!

ooops. Forgot about those. blink.gif Sorry.
mack914
Will you post pictures of the location of the button for controling the mirrors?
Thanks,
Mack
skline
Hey Mike, I was just looking at the picture and it looks like you are missing the hold down adjusters that actually hold the mirror to the door. There are 2 different types that I have seen depending on the year. The ones on mine had a round bar type thingy with an allen head screw coming down from the top. The set I sold to Joe Buckle had a hook type with an allen head from the top. I would take a picture of mine but they are already mounted and much to difficult to get on and off. I may have a picture of the ones Joe has now. Let me check and if I do, I will post it.

Nope, I dont have a picture that shows the mount. Sorry. Maybe Joe can take a picture since I know he has not mounted them yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.