Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broken Lug Bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Hello All,

So I had a little problem with my front passnger side that I needed to look at. See this thread for details: A little wiggle

Anyway, while trying to take off the rim, I snapped the top off of one of my locking lug bolts. See the pciture of how i busted it.

I have Fuchs 4 bolt rims, so I like the locking bolts. They came with the car. I have a replacement bolt in there, but it is for a steel rim, so its about 1/2 inch too short. Anyone have a replacement bolt that they want to part with?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
Aaron Cox
speaking of locking bolts. how would one get them off if they had lost the key?
KaptKaos
speaking of locking bolts. how would one get them off if they had lost the key?

Pep Boys has a socket designed just for that. Found this out yesterday. It is a threded socket. I think it trashes the locking bolt when you use it.

- Joe assimilate.gif
Andyrew
Pep Boys has a socket designed just for that. Found this out yesterday. It is a threded socket. I think it trashes the locking bolt when you use it.

Oh thats great! So much for a locking bolt! The perfect theifts tool!
Aaron Cox
lol- good point.
i need it because the parts car has fuchs, w/ wheel locks. how can i sell em if i cant get them off? confused24.gif lol-
KaptKaos
Acox,

You were planning on selling me one of those locks right?

- Joe
Aaron Cox
if / when i take delivery of the car- yes. but how would i take off the lock if i dont have the key- and not destroy it
KaptKaos
Want to borrow my key?

- Joe
Aaron Cox
are they all the same (key) ?
KaptKaos
I dunno idea.gif

Send me a pic and we'll go from there.

I may not need it as I am heading out to Pomona this weekend to hunt for them too.

Maybe we could work a deal for some swaybars????

- Joe assimilate.gif
KaptKaos
So does anyone have 4 long lug bolts that will work with Fuchs rims that they want to get rid of? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.