Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Firefox is out foxing me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
While in use a small window came up and asked to log on as a user or default user or something like that. Hit cancel and re-opened and its like a fresh install...no bookmarks, history, nada. I have no idea what happened or how to switch back to the way it was.

Any ideas? I feel totally hosed.

Ok AAron...it's my turn chair.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (swood @ May 25 2005, 09:15 PM)
While in use a small window came up and asked to log on as a user or default user or something like that. Hit cancel and re-opened and its like a fresh install...no bookmarks, history, nada. I have no idea what happened or how to switch back to the way it was.

Any ideas? I feel totally hosed.

Ok AAron...it's my turn chair.gif

hahhahah

had the same shit happen to me.
then it happened again....and went back to default!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

and yes. your ugly biggrin.gif
swood
Why thank you sir, may I have another?

pray.gif

So what happened? did you restore your old settings?

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (swood @ May 25 2005, 09:43 PM)
Why thank you sir, may I have another?

pray.gif

So what happened? did you restore your old settings?

i said "fuck!" and started making new bookmarks etc....

and a week later it did it again! and i reloaded all my old settings from before (no clue why it did this though"
swood
HEy, I was driving behind you the other day. Ok...that didn't sound like I wanted... bootyshake.gif
Aaron Cox
damn....

i hate you dry.gif laugh.gif
swood
wub.gif

Dude, what are you doing week after next?

PM mode ph34r.gif
redshift
lol

You both suck!

M
SirAndy
Any ideas?

yupp, it crashed and had still a instance running in the background.

simply restart your computer and all will be fine again ...
known problem ...
wink.gif Andy
Gint
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 26 2005, 02:44 AM)
Any ideas?

known problem ...
wink.gif Andy

Never had that problem with firefox. But do have similar issues with Netscape. I would advise that you just open your task manager and kill off all of the firefox processes. Works for me.
swood
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 26 2005, 12:44 AM)
Any ideas?

known problem ...
wink.gif Andy

Actually did restart and same deal. Oh well...
p914
If you still have your old browser on the compooter just import the bookmarks again.
Rand
Odds are you're not hosed and the bookmarks are still on your system, just in a different Firefox profile.

On Windows XP (if you're running something else, what is it?), Firefox stores bookmarks in a file at:

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\bookmarks.html

Browse around a little bit with Windows Explorer. If you have more than one profile on your system (under [User Name] in the above path), explore the path under each one and look for bookmarks.html under each xxxxxxxx.default folder (xxxxxxxx=random string of characters).

When you find one, double click it and see if you recognize your bookmarks. If you find the right one you can copy it into the profile Firefox is using now. Maybe copy it to your desktop or something first for a backup, then copy into each of the xxxxxxxx.default folders under the Firefox profiles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.