Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bar adjuster cap gasket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I reclocked my torsion bar adjuster caps recently. When I removed the caps there was, what I thought was dried grease around the base. I removed them and they basically desinigrated.

I have been looking at the parts diagrams and it looks like there is a gasket between the adjsuter cap and the suspension carrier.

Is this part needed? I would think that this is a fairly comon part but I cant seem to find it in the vendor catalogs.
jgiroux67
Ya I need the same. Mine were like a brittle sponge, ha if that makes any sence.
McMark
If I were inclined to put something there I would think some felt cut to fit would make a nice grease retainer. That's really all it is, a grease retainer.
914Timo
Is this part needed?

Hmmm.... No, not really.

I drove my 914 many years with out them. Then I decided to make them just for fun. I used gray "cellular plastic". The same material some sleep on in tents. Hope you know what I mean. I am sorry I dont know the right terms. But, those gaskets are really easy to make if you think you will need them.
Gint
The last front suspension I did I couldn't find them either. They're foam pretty much. About a buck and a half each. Jason at Paragon was just about the only guy that even knew what I was talking about. Great guy, fantastic service.

Paragon Products
ArtechnikA

i bought 'em under that number from Stoddard.
Eric_Shea
PP has them as well. They're cheap.
echocanyons
Thanks

I may as well install them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.