Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Flycut problem ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
Got my heads back from machine shop and noticed these 4 defects in the outer jug seat:
Click to view attachment
WTF.gif
Additionally there is a chip missing near the spark plug hole. The other head is perfect.
What can I do to fix it ?
Weld and regrind ?
porschetub
QUOTE(pgollender @ Nov 15 2017, 02:24 PM) *

Got my heads back from machine shop and noticed these 4 defects in the outer jug seat:
Click to view attachment
WTF.gif
Additionally there is a chip missing near the spark plug hole. The other head is perfect.
Weld and regrind ?

all good don't worry you are fine biggrin.gif ,those marks have no effect on your rebuild ok.
worn
QUOTE(pgollender @ Nov 14 2017, 05:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment
WTF.gif
Weld and regrind ?

I don’t think that is a defect in the sealing surface. But it has been a few years since I did mine.
jd74914
I would smooth out the chip in the chamber so you don't get a hot spot there. No need to reweld/machine IMHO. I'm a little surprised the shop didn't do that little bit of smoothing though.
McMark
agree.gif No sealing on that surface. That material was removed so it wouldn't hit the cylinder fins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.