Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Porsche 914-6 rear chrome bumper.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porscheaddic
1970 Porsche 914-6 and one year only 914-4. Professional show quality triple re chrome. Bumper looks absolutely beautiful. Bumper has the sharp edges near the license plate, unique to the 914-6. Rare opportunity to own this amazing bumper.
Asking $1,400.

Thanks
ConeDodger
Well, you’re certainly ready for Christmas.

Want. Need. No cash. I could probably raise half by selling my similarly restored later bumper.
Cairo94507
The sharp-edged bumper pictured is not unique to the Six. All 914's in 1970 came with that bumper style. Also, some '71's came with that bumper too; they had to be early production cars though. That is a very nice looking bumper BTW. GLWTS.

OH, and my wife would kill me if I put a bumper, even one that nice and clean, on a piece of furniture.
johnhora
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 15 2017, 11:58 AM) *

The sharp-edged bumper pictured is not unique to the Six. All 914's in 1970 came with that bumper style. Also, some '71's came with that bumper too; they had to be early production cars though. That is a very nice looking bumper BTW. GLWTS.

OH, and my wife would kill me if I put a bumper, even one that nice and clean, on a piece of furniture.

agree.gif

and double ditto on the furniture thing smile.gif
pete000
PM sent, is that an extra hole under the tow hook plug?
Woodside914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 15 2017, 11:58 AM) *

For 1971, how 'early' is early? Is there an approximate date or time-line when they did supply these early-style in 1971, before the cut-over to later rear bumpers?
gcrotvik
QUOTE(pete000 @ Nov 15 2017, 01:45 PM) *

PM sent, is that an extra hole under the tow hook plug?

Indeed there is a second hole. Perfectly camouflaged by the tree lights in all but the first picture. It's a shame there is still rust on the back side.
Cairo94507
That does appear to be a small hole. Could it be a reflection from the ceiling? Why would there be a small hole there? Yeah, the rear of the bumper does not look as nice as I would expect for that level of work and price.
IronHillRestorations
In fairness, I've had several bumpers worked on and re-chromed and they never do a good job on the back. I'll usually paint them with gray zinc/epoxy paint
porscheaddic
Bump.

The hole was brought to my attention, I missed it at first. It's so small. The backside could have been cleaned up better, but it's only surface rust.

New asking price is $1,200.
mb911
QUOTE(porscheaddic @ Nov 17 2017, 07:47 PM) *

Bump.

The hole was brought to my attention, I missed it at first. It's so small. The backside could have been cleaned up better, but it's only surface rust.

New asking price is $1,200.

Probably a screw hole for a bracket/light/reflector or something?
pete000
[/quote]

Probably a screw hole for a bracket/light/reflector or something?
[/quote]

Looks like about a $900.00 hole ! hissyfit.gif
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Nov 16 2017, 06:16 AM) *

In fairness, I've had several bumpers worked on and re-chromed and they never do a good job on the back. I'll usually paint them with gray zinc/epoxy paint

Yep or Por15 silver works good too.
porscheaddic
$1,000
ConeDodger
I’d guess the holes in the center below the license plate are for a cloisonné badge? It’s the one below the tow hook hole cover has me baffled...
burton73
A fastener to hold a rear radar detector from the old days. I had something like that on an 81 SC.
porscheaddic
Bump $900
porscheaddic
Bump.

How about $700?
930TONY
QUOTE(porscheaddic @ Nov 28 2017, 12:43 AM) *

Bump.

How about $700? HOW ABOUT 550.00 WOULD GO TO A GOOD HOME

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.