Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great 914 video and interesting article....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
LBI Limiited is a small sales / brokerage firm of collector cars near where I live outside of Philadelphia. They just put together a pretty cool 914 video and article about using classic cars as they're intended....not just storing them away in a garage.

http://lbilimited.com/just-use-it-already/
krazykonrad
That's a cool video and article. Porsches, unlike Ferraris, are meant to be driven.

Konrad
Larmo63
I wonder how fast you can drive with that 911 roof rack clamped to a glass fiber roof?

Also, his front turn signal lenses are on the car upside-down.
914_7T3
w00t.gif
Tbrown4x4
Cool
pete000
Nice camera work and editing ! I could see the rust starting to form half way through the video ! av-943.gif
jd74914
Cool video! I used to love driving mine in the snow like that. The not totally burned out Blizzaks are even above it in the garage. It's a ton of fun tossing it sideways in the snow-plus the looks I used to get passing people stuck on hills were priceless!
dcheek
Back in the day when these were daily drivers, I remember my friend's 914 packed with snow from the rear door jam all the way to the front of the back tire. He had to wait for a warm day for it to release its hold on the chassis!

No thanks, I will pass on driving my car in the snow. That's what my current daily driver is for (2017 Jetta).

Dave
Larmo63
Laguna Blue is a very nice color, nonetheless......!!!!!
iamchappy
I had a Yakima rack on my top with a 8ft windsurfer and masts attached going 110 through Montana on my way to Hood River back in the 80's, stayed on fine, the board may of caused a down effect.... it was certainly a good test that didnt turn out bad...... that said, I would never try it again........
johnhora
COOL Video...Nice

Here you go Grosbard "Cold Weather Driving" biggrin.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(dcheek @ Nov 16 2017, 10:26 AM) *

Back in the day when these were daily drivers, I remember my friend's 914 packed with snow from the rear door jam all the way to the front of the back tire. He had to wait for a warm day for it to release its hold on the chassis!

BTDT. Yep, there and packing the whole rear of the front wheel well are the worst-you know you have to clear it when the steering angle drops too much. blink.gif It's a tight spot to get something in the back to clear it out too.
Grosbard
Nice one!

QUOTE(johnhora @ Nov 16 2017, 12:19 PM) *

Here you go Grosbard "Cold Weather Driving" biggrin.gif

GeorgeRud
I remember driving my ‘74 back in the day that it was my daily driver - lots of fun in the snow. Taught you a lot about drifting around, but Illinois’ love of salt would not allow me to use one in the winter anymore. Galvanized bodies would have been appreciated, but even 911s didn’t start galvanizing till 1975 (and then only partially).
iamchappy
I drove mine to Jackson hole during a snow storm in 1975. I had the bumper tow hook to roof ski rack. Going over toghetee pass was not fun. I didn't have chains..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.