Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car is officially in hibernation...can't wait till Spring..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Drove my car the earliest ever this year and had it on the road whenever I could, decided to put it away till Spring.
iamchappy
biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
One nice looking car. What do you do go out to the garage once a month and fire it up then dream of spring time! shades.gif
Elliot Cannon
That is by far one of the nicest 914's in the country. Having to put it to bed for a few months is a real shame. Here's hoping spring comes soon for you. smile.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 15 2017, 10:12 PM) *

That is by far one of the nicest 914's in the country. Having to put it to bed for a few months is a real shame. Here's hoping spring comes soon for you. smile.gif

agree.gif
DRPHIL914
one of the advantages of having move out of MN and to SC - except I somehow ended up having mine in getting body and paint done right now, so last weekend was its last drive until about February - you know you could drive it , you don't have snow yet! - I drove my 69 Austin healey during the winters of '82-'86 in southern Mn almost all winter except for a few day - that car did put out the heat-(water cooled I know)
anyway I don't blame you for not putting it out on a salty road but otherwise.- drive!
iamchappy
Positive is saving it from wear and tear, since i dont have heat and the temps now 30's and 20's i parked it. Amazing extra power with the cold air and turbo as it becomes a handful. I did drive years ago with the heat exchangers i may end up getting the new larger diameter SS ones so i can.
mb911
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 16 2017, 11:12 AM) *

Positive is saving it from wear and tear, since i dont have heat and the temps now 30's and 20's i parked it. Amazing extra power with the cold air and turbo as it becomes a handful. I did drive years ago with the heat exchangers i may end up getting the new larger diameter SS ones so i can.

Whats you current exhaust setup?? I might be able to help.
mepstein
Awesome car.
iamchappy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 16 2017, 05:03 PM) *

aktion035.gif

Those stock exchangers were to restrictive but then i guess it wasnt much of a sacrifice to have heat, but I sold them...... dry.gif

Maybe next year....
saigon71
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 15 2017, 09:51 PM) *

Drove my car the earliest ever this year and had it on the road whenever I could, decided to put it away till Spring.

Always a sad day. My thoughts are with you through this difficult time. biggrin.gif

I'm hoping for another month or so here (with heat) before the salt hits the roads.

PS: Sweet car!

mb911
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 16 2017, 03:14 PM) *

aktion035.gif

Those stock exchangers were to restrictive but then i guess it wasnt much of a sacrifice to have heat, but I sold them...... dry.gif

Maybe next year....

My 1.625 version would probably work for you?Click to view attachment
iamchappy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 16 2017, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 16 2017, 03:14 PM) *

aktion035.gif

Maybe next year....

My 1.625 version would probably work for you?Click to view attachment

Yes they would, i will ring you up when i can spring for them.. biggrin.gif
worn
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 15 2017, 06:53 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Nice car indeed. Put mine away too. But it gives me time to chase oil leaks and think about heating
Jamie
Yes, 'tis the time of year to do upgrades/repairs, so my Mistress is on the lift probably till spring. Time for SS fuel lines, I moved the fuel pump to the front several years ago. So out came the fuel tank to be sealed, and since the tank is out, "while I'm at it" I have installed the sway bar I've always wanted! Problem is that the Cayman is under the 914 on the lift, so I can't work on Mistress without parking the Cayman outside. Winter snow is not such a big deal here in KY, but cold temps in my unheated garage make working with cold old hands a real problem! confused24.gif
Kansas 914
I have put mine away for the season - though I can sneak either of the two on the ground out in less than 5 minutes!

Click to view attachment
mlindner
iamchappy, that is just a great looking car. Would love to see it if you ever travel down to Madison WI. Best, Mark
anderssj
QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 17 2017, 04:59 PM) *

iamchappy, that is just a great looking car. Would love to see it if you ever travel down to Madison WI. Best, Mark

or Yorktown VA . . . biggrin.gif Come visit a MN expat!

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.