Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 motor exhaust....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsboost90
trying to find a rear section of exhaust for my 76 which i guess NOW has the right exhaust on it-PO had a 1.7 exhaust or something to eliminate emissions im sure. Are the 2.0 exhausts all the same, when i looked them up in this mid america motorworks book-very expensive stuff!- they list 73-74 but then a different number for the 75-76, maybe because of emissions and not fitment issues or something. Anyone, bueller? sad.gif
SLITS
'75 - '76 are single pipe (each bank) exhaust

'73 - '74 are dual pipe (each bank) exhaust (similar to the 1.7)

They are completely different (down pipes, HEs, hangers, mufflers).

What part of the exhaust are you looking for?
CptTripps
I think he needs the whole shebang. All I have is a spare 1.7 exaust, or I'd be there with it already.
xsboost90
nonnoooonoo...i have headers w/ stainless HE's, comes out two pipes into a flange w/ two holes in it straight back towards the rear. I need the REAR section w/ the muffler on it. My old exhaust was a 1.7 and that rear muffler i had has different flanges and sits lower.
SLITS
If his state does not require smog on his '76...backdate to to '73 - '74 style.

Even the early 1.7 style is preferable to the late '75-'76

I don't know if I have a muffler setup for a '75 - '76, but I do have the HEs and hanger. Shipping from CA would be the only hang-up
SLITS
Then you have the '73-'74 style, hopefully with the correct hanger off the tranny.

Stock Muffler is like $329 new

Sebring is like $120 for the muffler set up

Manta is about $230

Bursch is about $250

Take your pick
xsboost90
well heres the plan, i have a show/tour/autox in one week to get ready for. I have no exhaust in the rear-kinda loud. I have a couple pple who may be able to get me a stock muffler/exhaust but its 74. If i can bolt that on for the week, get things figured out etc that will work. Then after that, whack the flanges off and build a custom exhaust-actually tri-state muffler will- using those flanges.
SLITS
YOU NEED THE '73 - '74 STYLE 2.0L MUFFLER AND HANGER...PERIOD!
xsboost90
why is that a 74 motor...i never really did ask.. confused24.gif rolleyes.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ May 26 2005, 05:30 AM)
why is that a 74 motor...i never really did ask.. confused24.gif rolleyes.gif

All the 2.0s are the same except for the following:

'73 - '74 had no holes in the heads for air injection into the exhaust ports...

'75 - '76 do for emissions

xsboost90
ahhh.so i have a 74 motor...exxxcellent. I will get the exhaust from doug leggins then. thank you.
rhodyguy
snatch up that triad in michigan the guy can't use due to his 75-76 heat exchangers. look for triad dave's thread from yest.

k
Triaddave
i'm not sure where the michigan return is for sure..enroute...i have the ability to make more,right now, i have the time too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.