Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Bleeding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sjhowitson
This may be a stupid question but, When I was bleeding the brakes last night we would get bubbles in the reservoir when we pumped the brake. Is that normal? Also does anyone know what size wrench to use on stock 911 bleeder nipple?

We finished the job. No major bubbles out of the brakes themselves. No major change in pedal feel.

Feeling stupid this morning. Anyone want to add to it?

Let fly.... unsure.gif
tat2dphreak
bubbles in the resevoir are normal until you get the brakes bled...

ArtechnikA
stock what kind of 911?

'M' caliper bleedscrew is 7mm
'S' caliper bleedscrew is 10mm

others, i donno...

i've seen bubbles in the reservoir - i guess it's possible that splashing or fothing could trap a bubble in the line to the MC. i doubt it's actually coming from inside the MC or brake lines although it's certainly possible i suppose.

when bleeding it's important to be GENTLE on the pedal. no flutter-foot, no stomping... you're just trying to transfer fluid and displace air. since the reservoir is the highest part of the car, it makes sense that any air in the system that is not displaced out toward the caliper would eventually coalesce at the reservoir...
McMark
It's all about quantity. I've had nightmares bleeding brakes until recently. The setup that worked 100% for me twice in the last two weeks: PowerBleeder (pressurized tank) set to 15 psi, run a quart through the system using both top & bottom bleeder screws, 1/4 quart per caliper, only go around once. The idea is to open the system for a long time. Close off the system and pump the brake pedal. The idea here is to upset any bubbles that might still be trapped. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and pump the pedal again and run another quart through as before. Both times gave me great great pedal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.