Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Early Targa Top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
North Coast Jim
Have an "early" top available for sale. Was on my car replaced by a "late" top. My car is a 74 2L and this new "late" top fits as expected.

Top is clean and newly sprayed. Corners are not chipped. Comes with all mounting hardware, front latches, rear setting blocks and the SS trim for the new rear seal. Also has the side aluminum tracks for the top door seal. Front facia is also decent. Rear seal is new from 914 Rubber.

More pics are available if needed.

Asking $275 complete. Shipping is tough so pick up only. I'm located East of Toledo Ohio.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Woodside914
Holy Toledo! Seems like a decent deal.

So, what are the differences on the 'early' top, as opposed to a 'later' top? Is there fitting issues?
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Woodside914 @ Nov 17 2017, 01:00 PM) *

Holy Toledo! Seems like a decent deal.

So, what are the differences on the 'early' top, as opposed to a 'later' top? Is there fitting issues?

Suggest you use the Search function within World to find the answer to that question and many other questions concerning the Early vs Late top differences. I can't do the topic justice. I did have some issue with the roll up windows not meeting the seal on the top. There may a dimensional issue here.
mepstein
It’s enough of a difference that you want to use the right one.
mangrum
PM sent.

QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Nov 17 2017, 11:11 AM) *

Have an "early" top available for sale. Was on my car replaced by a "late" top. My car is a 74 2L and this new "late" top fits as expected.

Top is clean and newly sprayed. Corners are not chipped. Comes with all mounting hardware, front latches, rear setting blocks and the SS trim for the new rear seal. Also has the side aluminum tracks for the top door seal. Front facia is also decent. Rear seal is new from 914 Rubber.

More pics are available if needed.

Asking $275 complete. Shipping is tough so pick up only. I'm located East of Toledo Ohio.

pete000
Early tops have no fuzzy felt among other things...
forrestkhaag
tough crowd here..... welcome.png

Nice work and a deal for that price / beerchug.gif
Michel
Pm /email sent sir
Steve
73 and later has a different top, which matches the new doors. From my experience there was a 1/4” gap between the top and the top of the window, when using an early top on a late car.
Same seals on late top, removed the gap.
Woodside914
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 26 2017, 09:01 AM) *

73 and later has a different top, which matches the new doors. From my experience there was a 1/4” gap between the top and the top of the window, when using an early top on a late car.
Same seals on late top, removed the gap.

Great info, thanks gents! This topic should be on a different post, but thanks regardless.

Good luck on the sale, North Coast Jim! beer.gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Michel @ Nov 25 2017, 09:48 PM) *

Pm /email sent sir

Replied this morning our time. Possible delivery solution included in the note. Let me know
Michel
Hi NCJim, did you send PM? or email? Haven't received anything.

Cheers Michel
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Michel @ Nov 27 2017, 12:32 PM) *

Hi NCJim, did you send PM? or email? Haven't received anything.

Cheers Michel

Sent reply to your note on 11/28 and sent again this morning 11/29. My e-mail is Jpilny1@frontier.com but I believe yo already have it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.