Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serching the Forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am relatively new to the 914 borad, but have been hanging at the Pelican board for several years now. Is there a special way to search the board? I hate to ask the same question that was asked 14 times already, but all my searches show up nil? I cannot imagine my questions are unique?

Flame away!
Gint
QUOTE (vesnyder @ May 26 2005, 09:13 AM)
I am relatively new to the 914 borad, but have been hanging at the Pelican board for several years now. Is there a special way to search the board? I hate to ask the same question that was asked 14 times already, but all my searches show up nil? I cannot imagine my questions are unique?

Flame away!

Just a little generic. Give us an example of what you're trying to search for and I can help you out.
bondo
It's not like google. You have to put AND between words, or else it treats multiple words as if they were in quotes. (it looks for that exact phrase instead of just a thread with both words) Also, don't forget to set how far back it searches.
Part Pricer

The search function for this version of the forum software leaves much to be desired. I have gotten better results using Google. Jusy use this link to Google and add your search terms in the Search box after site:914world.com
vesnyder
I was looking for a way to polish the trim - and I thopught I had read a thread that talked about it. I tried "trim" alone that gave me way too much, I then tried "trim and polish" and got nothing and "trim and refinish" and got nothing? WTH
bondo
The search doesn't seem to search the titles of threads. So if somebody had a title of "how to polish trim", but then referred to the trim as "it" in the body, it will never find it.
bondo
Is this what you were looking for? I used polish AND trim for the search, and set it to show results from any date. (default is 3 days back) Lots of stuff came up.
CptTripps
The trick is to change the drop-down so it looks further back. I wish someone would change it so the criteria's default was 6mos or so...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.