Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL914 chat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
What do you think guys? Is the live CHAT still alive and well, or does this BBS essentially kill it?

I know Brad is still running the server, but there is almost never anybody logged-in lately.
Jeroen
I don't care for chat-boxes too much
The usual smalltalk can be fun, but I like a bbs better

Cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I personally use it to "chat" with people far away. It will always run... I thought about using it for the club also.

B
Jeroen
It is a cool way to have a conversation, it beats sending e-mails back and forth

What I usually don't care for much is when 10 people are online and everyone is talking into a different direction

Cheers,

Jeroen
J P Stein
OK, so I'm there now......and all alone unsure.gif

Seems when I go there that happens a lot......are youz guys tring to tell me sumthin?
Gint
I don't mind doin the chat thing if I'm only talking to one or two people. Any more than that and it's a circle jerk.
J P Stein
I swapped some lies with Jeroen last night. Where else can one have a conversation with a fellow 914 lunatic in europe for free? ....of course, I made him fall asleep (insert boredshitless smile here)
Jeroen
I wasn't bored... JP tells good lies biggrin.gif
It's his maps that s@ck...

Cheers,

Jeroen
timothy_nd28
Is this still a possibility? idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Apr 21 2016, 09:48 PM) *
Is this still a possibility? idea.gif

That chat was taken offline many, many, many years ago. I think i still have a backup of it somewhere.

But these days, there are plenty of free chat solutions out there.

Not sure if enough people would use it though.
confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
Did we have computers in 2002? smoke.gif
Steve
Let's setup a spark room!!
Ciscospark.com
Free chat, picture and file posting, video conferencing and sip uri calling anywhere.
Just create a room called All914 or whatever and invite people by email address.
We support all devices. Could come in handy during 914 drives or events. You can create unlimited amount of rooms with unlimited participants. And yes I work for Cisco but it is a free service.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 22 2016, 06:30 AM) *
Ciscospark.com
Free chat, picture and file posting, video conferencing and sip uri calling anywhere.
Just create a room called All914 or whatever and invite people by email address.
We support all devices. Could come in handy during 914 drives or events. You can create unlimited amount of rooms with unlimited participants. And yes I work for Cisco but it is a free service.

We have a volunteer!
first.gif
Steve
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 22 2016, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 22 2016, 06:30 AM) *
Ciscospark.com

We have a volunteer!
first.gif

PM me an email or email list and I will set it up. You would receive an email invite to install the software and be part of the room. It does support various api's, but if this takes off we could just put up a sticky for people to be aware of it. Anyone in the room could invite other people or we could lock it down to moderator support.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.