Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It works
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
Light never worked, so last year I changed the bulb out to LED thinking that was it.
Of course I cracked the FNNN lens and the light still didn’t work.... headbang.gif
Today I opened the door and saw the light flicker smile.gif Took out the door switch, cleaned up the contacts and WOOHOO!!! it works.

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
I also replaced the fastoon bulb with a LED bulb, but it does run hot (though it is bright) I was hoping that the LED bulb would be cooler than the incandescent one I replaced. If yours stays cool, please let us know what bulb you bought.
GeorgeRud
This is a picture of the bulb I used (the hot one).
Click to view attachment
Coondog
I used the same bulb.

914_teener
I used the Dorman replacement LED. It runs cool and bright.

Keep in mind it runs off a switched ground from the door switches as the OP found out.

These are NLA and are commonly worn out especially on the drivers side.

porschetub
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 21 2017, 12:20 PM) *

This is a picture of the bulb I used (the hot one).
Click to view attachment

Used the same LED...huge difference,how hot do they get ?,hopefully not enough to melt the lense confused24.gif .
bbrock
QUOTE(914_teener @ Nov 20 2017, 04:42 PM) *

Keep in mind it runs off a switched ground from the door switches as the OP found out.

These are NLA and are commonly worn out especially on the drivers side.

Isn't it just this: http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/1139...113-947-561-INT confused24.gif
914_teener
If you use those you'll have rewire and splice the wires.

They are not plug and play and they don.t fit very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.