Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB - roll bar pad $175 - includes the screw covers too!(others charge $5 each for 13!)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
Many of you know I've been working on this for some time however recent events have forced me to speed this up a little. These are in process and we are still at least 6 weeks out. your chance to replace that cracked roll bar pad.

Rob I know you're in who else is interested?
stevegm
I’m interested. Probably need 2.
clapeza
I'm interested.
cn2800
I'm in for one.
mepstein
I’ll take one, maybe two
Highland
Interested. Any pictures yet?
live free & drive
I'll take one
Shadowfax
Me, too.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Highland @ Nov 21 2017, 09:32 AM) *

Interested. Any pictures yet?

Nope still in the tooling process. wish we were a little further along, but wanted to let all know we were committed, and see who's in.
Gulf91474
I'm interested....
914_7T3
I need the rear pad and not the windshield one.
mmascari
Yes, I will take one
cal914
Id be in for a pair
Niklas
3 set for me.
sb914
I'm in for one maybe two
timothy_nd28
me too beerchug.gif
aharder
I'm in for 1 biggrin.gif
boogie_man
in for 2 please. Anyway to get uncovered to leather cover it ???

Thanks

Scott
mb911
I will need one but not sure if I am ready just yet.
davehg
I'd be in for 1
Dion
Oh yes! Definitely in.
76-914
I'm in for one. Maybe 2!
mb911
Mark is this the front and back or the back and sides?
e_artiles
I'm in for one!
DRPHIL914
i'm in!
RoadGlue
Yes, I think so. I can't commit 100% until I know the new motor is up and running in a few weeks.
e_artiles
Excuse me for going off thread, but are you planning to do the lower dash pad in the future Mark?
Mblizzard
1 for me!
Mikey914
QUOTE(e_artiles @ Nov 21 2017, 03:58 PM) *

Excuse me for going off thread, but are you planning to do the lower dash pad in the future Mark?

On the radar. there are 2 versions, probably would do the late 1st. I do have samples of both.
Mikey914
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Nov 21 2017, 12:24 PM) *

in for 2 please. Anyway to get uncovered to leather cover it ???

Thanks

Scott

Very easy to recover. Hate to say it but you can also recover an existing one with some sanding and filling of the cracks. Not that I wouldn't mind selling you one. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 21 2017, 03:28 PM) *

This is the main top piece. Most of the sides are in decent shape, but we could do those too.
Mark
mb911
I need to get a pet so I know what part numbers are.. biggrin.gif

I will definitely be in..
davehg
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 21 2017, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 21 2017, 03:28 PM) *

This is the main top piece. Most of the sides are in decent shape, but we could do those too.
Mark

I’d be thrilled if you would reproduce the sides. In fact, all of the pieces, including dash cap and lower dash, plus front sides. Restoring an early car.
CMONNETT
I'd be in for one, maybe two.
mepstein
It’s pretty easy to find the A & B pillar pads in good shape. Almost all the targa pads that Mark is reproducing either have a crack at the screw holes, wear on the corners or both.
whitetwinturbo
One for me beer3.gif
turnaround89
I'm in for 1.
Larmo63
I'll be in for one. beerchug.gif
MoveQik
In. I've been missing mine for years because it was so beat up.
funk
no doubt I will buy one!Im in for one thanks
don-6
I am interested in one
djway
One maybe two
ConeDodger
Well, I’m sort of interested... not sure I can commit though. poke.gif evilgrin.gif
Mikey914
Yes Rob,
You are the one that has been actually the driving force on this. The tool itself is about 50% done there are some technical issues we are addressing, but we will be able to make these relatively inexpensively, and here in the US.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 22 2017, 02:53 AM) *

Yes Rob,
You are the one that has been actually the driving force on this. The tool itself is about 50% done there are some technical issues we are addressing, but we will be able to make these relatively inexpensively, and here in the US.

I’m happy to wait for when this part is ready. I just sent in spring tuition for both my college kids so it’s not like I’m flush with cash at the moment. 914rubber never disappoints. beerchug.gif
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
100% committed for 1 as I'm sure your "texture" will be as good as OEM.
The dash you did was amazing- looking at the other companies pics of their roll bar pad I'm not convinced of the OEM look you seem to nail.

Cliff notes: I'm in, worth waiting for an exact oem finish. biggrin.gif

Thanks Mark!
914Sixer
Down for one.
FL000
I'm down for one - thanks
Kansas 914
I am in for one - thanks for doing this!
SKL1
One for sure, probably two...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.