Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alignment Shops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Always Looking
Do any members do alignments in Orange County? Or, does anyone have a good shop to reccomend? I just got new shocks and will be lowering. Thanks beerchug.gif

Elliot_Cannon
Have mine done at Hergesheimer Motor Sports 949 458 7223. They're in Lake Forest walking distance from my house. Tell them Elliot sent ya.
cheers, Elliot
SLITS
Ain't OC (who'd wanna live in OC anyway....Home of the John Birch Society)

In the bad 951 area code....Bud's Tire and Wheel....Manny is the alignment man....knows 914s like the back of his hand.

And everyone knows you can't trust anything/anybody from UPS.
SLITS
Hey Sammy.....Johnson's is where we had the 914/6 race car aligned in the '70s. It was kept at Edelweiss Porsche (two cubicles down). What a trip down memory lane.

OC sucks
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 26 2005, 12:44 PM)
Ain't OC (who'd wanna live in OC anyway....Home of the John Birch Society)

In the bad 951 area code....Bud's Tire and Wheel....Manny is the alignment man....knows 914s like the back of his hand.

And everyone knows you can't trust anything/anybody from UPS.

I'm not "FROM" UPS dickhead. I only work for them. At least for another 11months and 10 days.
Of course OC sucks. That's why no one wants to live here! ( I'm sure the irony of the last statement is lost on ya.) I went to traffic school Saturday. Have you been yet?
Cheers, Elliot
SLITS
It's the "association" that make you guilty...... biggrin.gif

I won't ever turn my back on you again!!!

Traffic School, Traffic School...don't need no stinkin' Traffic School....I took it like a man unsure.gif
Always Looking
I knew i'd get some strong opinions by calling it "the" OC.

I just got off the hone with the guys at Accurate Alignment. $150 for the alignment. Sounds reasonable for a job done well. He did discuss the "expensive" shims needed for the rear, but any additional shims were included in the price - I think.

He wanted $100 per wheel to install the shocks - that sounds real high to me, but what do I know.

beerchug.gif

Oh Yeah.... OC rocks
Aaron Cox
take it to manny in riverside...

hes a PCA guy and knows his stuff on 914's
Cap'n Krusty
Johnson's Alignment. Not in Greater Disneyland , but close enough. Been doing first rate work on Porsches forever..... The Cap'n
SLITS
Here in Riverslime flipa.gif Manny charged $100. Expensive shims...only becuase they don't seem to exist...If there was a high enough demand, they could be stamped out easily.
SLITS
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ May 26 2005, 03:42 PM)
Not in Greater Disneyland ,   The Cap'n

lol2.gif Yerp, the OC is full of Pixie Dust and Mouse Ears (and most of the fruits, nutz and crazies). They all live the "fantasy" life.
lybones
I was refered to Grand prix tires in Costa Mesa from Debonis Independent Porsche and they quoted me somewhere around 185.00. The guy mentioned shims, but I can't remember if they were included or extra. I heard they do great work. Plus there shop has a killer selection of porsche wheels to drool over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.