Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem Solved WTB Retractable Seat Belt Set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Lucky9146
My 74 came without seat belts. This car has been off the road for 20 years. Thought this issue was behind me when I picked up what I thought were 914 belts 2 years ago and come to find out recently when trying to install they were actually VW so they were way too long and attachment points were wrong..
Thanks
white914.jpg
Tom_T
If nobody pops in here, then you might want to try Bruce Stone/bdstone on here, or Rich Bontempi at HPH (High Performance House in Redwood City), or AA.

They all have significant NOS & used parts stashes.

Check the p/n on your VW set to get which model/MY it fits, then sell it on TheSamba.com & you may break even or at least get something back.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
MitchRossi
Lucky,
I'm in the same boat. I just bought my first 914 (1973 2.0) and it's missing the passenger belt while the driver's side is looking too ratty to trust.
Seatbelt Planet.com was suggested to me.

http://bit.ly/2Bb3pUA

Good luck,
Mitch

Tom, thanks for mentioning Rich Bontempi in Redwood City. My research hadn't yet found his shop and I'm in the bay area, so a great source.

bdstone914
I have seat belts and hardware. I assume you need everything down to the bolts and washers to install them? I am in Riverside. If you want to drive up you can sort thru the sets I have. They are slight differences over the years on the belts but they are functionally the same.
Bruce
951 536 7478
GregAmy
I did Seatbelt Planet retractables. Bolted right in.

And they're new webbing, not 40-yr-old nylon.
Lucky9146
Problem Solved Lots of good suggestions thanks for all the input! Much appreciated.
white914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.