Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB surbaru conversion parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lastwolf69
Does anyone sell or know someone who sells Subaru conversion parts. Ian at Cold water 914 used to but has been unreachable for about a year now. I'm mainly looking for an engine cradle and 5MT trans mounts. I already have the blocker plate and 2wd spindle but other then that anything else could be useful.
Thanks
-Conrad
mepstein
Ben/MB911 has talked about making a run of them. It would be easy for him once the design is finalized.
flmont
I have the 2 brackets from small car but they would need modified to fit the 914 engine bar,..( depending on your intended engine that is.) mine was for the EG33 3.3 ltr flat 6
mgp4591
QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 30 2017, 09:57 PM) *

I have the 2 brackets from small car but they would need modified to fit the 914 engine bar,..( depending on your intended engine that is.) mine was for the EG33 3.3 ltr flat 6

If the original poster isn't using the EG33, I'd be interested in your brackets. What are you using instead?
mb911
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Nov 30 2017, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 30 2017, 09:57 PM) *

If the original poster isn't using the EG33, I'd be interested in your brackets. What are you using instead?

I would be willing to make what ever any of you need but I would need a sample or drawings or something to go off of..
flmont
MGP....I have a Ian cradle,....I like the small car set up,.but to make it fit the 3.3 the 1 bracket needs bent or reshaped to get around the oil filter,.and I dont have tools for that
lastwolf69
QUOTE(flmont @ Nov 30 2017, 10:57 PM) *

I've looked at those but I'd prefer a tube type like Ian at coldwater made. If anyone has one of those they would be willing to part with please let me know.
914forme
QUOTE(flmont @ Dec 1 2017, 11:13 AM) *

MGP....I have a Ian cradle,....I like the small car set up,.but to make it fit the 3.3 the 1 bracket needs bent or reshaped to get around the oil filter,.and I dont have tools for that

confused24.gif

Remote mount the oil filter and add a stat and do an oil cooler, lol, easy for me to say.

BTW,

Renegade has a perfectly fine mount, , but you would have make the MT5 hangers.

I do not like the idea of copying Ian's stuff, make it better. I still have not figured out why everyone likes the cradles. Looks cool, but the engine and trans are physically stronger than the magnesium type-4 and 901 stuff. You hard mount the engine, and then move the bushings out to where porsche had them originally. The 2.0L mounts where a big mistake.

BTW, what would you want for the brackets, they are extremely nice pieces with that minor design flaw. If I had another set I would likely redo my mount again idea.gif headbang.gif screwy.gif av-943.gif
hockeymutt
i would be interested as well, at least get him to make the trans mounts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.