Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal Troubleshooting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
This is driving me batty...

Only on the right-side turn signal.
sometimes it works fine, other times I get the 'both blinking dimly.

What are the points I need to look at?

I have it changed to the 'euro spec' so I'm thinking that maybe the old side-markers are smacking into eachother and causing the ground-fault?

The back blinks bright, the front is dimmer when it happens.

thoughts???
Joe Ricard
Yup bad ground in the circuit. More than likely the one in the trunk where all the ground wires feed back to. Pull the nut scrub up everything and you should be good to go.
CptTripps
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ May 26 2005, 01:34 PM)
Yup bad ground in the circuit. More than likely the one in the trunk where all the ground wires feed back to. Pull the nut scrub up everything and you should be good to go.

er...where???

I don't recall seeing/doing anything with that. So that may be the issue!
mikelsr
Mine is the left side. The right side works properly but the left side causes both blinker indicators to light up dimly but only the left side blinkers blink. The right side works fine when selected.

Mike
CptTripps
When it happens to me, the rear appears to be fine, but the front is about 1/2 as bright.

Hmmm...
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (CptTripps @ May 26 2005, 11:02 AM)
When it happens to me, the rear appears to be fine, but the front is about 1/2 as bright.

Hmmm...

Sometimes I only appear to be half as bright also. wacko.gif

This should be a regular maintenance item. Clean ground connections. Depending on Model year the number differs. Look right behind the head light assembly on the fender well. bunch of brown wires going to a post with a nut securing it all.
CptTripps
Never noticed those! I just checked...I've got them on both sides.

I'll clean them all tonight, and report back.
SGB
Also can get oxidation on brass contact points in the fixtures causing a bad ground. Thats a pretty easy item to check.... beer.gif
Rand
Agree. I had a bunch of odd things happening with my signals (wouldn't always blink, sometimes would blink but indicator light in instrument panel wouldn't, etc.)... The cure in my case was cleaning all of the contacts inside my left rear light fixture. Had to take it completely apart to get to everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.