Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB OEM style visors in excellent condition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
AmjadY
Hello,

Wondering if the forum knows who is the best source for an OEM style visor set. I have a 74 so I would like the mirror and the pocket like my originals, which over the past 19 years are sagging pretty low.

I under stand that 914Rubber makes a very nice reproduction but frankly, from what I can tell from the photos, it is too nice...it looks noticeably thicker maybe from a heavier grade vinyl than the original? your thoughts?

I also see that sierra madre sells a set as does AA, but I have not found any feedback on the quality of ether of these. Again, your thoughts are much appreciated.

thanks!
Jed
porschetub
QUOTE(AmjadY @ Nov 23 2017, 12:33 PM) *

Hello,

Wondering if the forum knows who is the best source for an OEM style visor set. I have a 74 so I would like the mirror and the pocket like my originals, which over the past 19 years are sagging pretty low.

I under stand that 914Rubber makes a very nice reproduction but frankly, from what I can tell from the photos, it is too nice...it looks noticeably thicker maybe from a heavier grade vinyl than the original? your thoughts?

I also see that sierra madre sells a set as does AA, but I have not found any feedback on the quality of ether of these. Again, your thoughts are much appreciated.

thanks!
Jed

Don't know of the AA ones but bought a set of SMC ones and was somewhat unhappy with them.
Good luck finding some.
cal44
The sun visors were cheesy pieces of junk when new and it just went downhill from that point. Good luck with the search.
914Sixer
I have a set of 914Rubber that I can get some pictures of tomorrow.
Garland
I have a set here they are in comparison to a lesser condition pair. Notice the thickness of the better set. No mirror cover.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.