Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christmas Sale at Spokeworks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
Christmas sale now till end of the year.

Spokeworks LED

10% off all products.

Just added one (1) set of brakes and rear amber turnsignals with GREEN PCBs to the Discount Corner.

We're doing LEDs now for Triumph TR6 and Spitfires now so if you have one or have friends with these cars, please let them know.

Merry Christmas

Spitfire:
Click to view attachment

TR6:
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Great product, easy install and lights up that 914 big time. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Waiting for 944 pcb-led’s evilgrin.gif

My youngest sons car biggrin.gif
914-300Hemi
Great product and I already have them on the 914, so I bought a set for the 911 piratenanner.gif
somd914
Awesome, just picked up the discounted green board brake lights. Looks like it's time to do some other shopping for the 914 and 911...
tomeric914
LED tailights from Spoke are hands down the #1 upgrade for every 914 out there if you want to be seen. Couldn't be happier with mine!
Spoke
Thanks for the kudos.

Thought I'd share my latest project. This will be running lights for a 356 made from a Marchal fog light. I'm doing it for a gentleman in Europe. That's not him. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

I'll be using eighteen Cree XP-G3 high-power surface-mount LEDs running somewhere between 150ma and 350ma each with a Carclo 10412 lens. For me it's more of a science project as I've not done headlight type LEDs.

Special attention has been given to dissipation (between 10-20W), temperature rise, and light dispersion. The LED board will be backed by a large heatsink and a dc-dc switching converter will be on a second board mounted on the rear of the heatsink. The LEDs can get much hotter than the dc-dc converter.

This is the fog light fixture opened up. The reflector will not be used. The board will clip onto the glass lens and the front ring.

Click to view attachment

The LED lenses can be seen in this mockup. The board color will be white.

Click to view attachment

The heat sink will cover the entire rear of the board save for the space needed to add the 4 clips.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
LED conversions for the fairly useless 914 fog lights (to turn them into daytime driving lights) might be another project.
sfrenck
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 27 2017, 06:43 PM) *

LED conversions for the fairly useless 914 fog lights (to turn them into daytime driving lights) might be another project.

agree.gif
rgolia
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Nov 28 2017, 12:25 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif and spokes leds are outstanding
Montreal914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Nov 27 2017, 02:46 PM) *

Thanks for the kudos.

Thought I'd share my latest project. This will be running lights for a 356 made from a Marchal fog light. I'm doing it for a gentleman in Europe. That's not him. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

I'll be using eighteen Cree XP-G3 high-power surface-mount LEDs running somewhere between 150ma and 350ma each with a Carclo 10412 lens. For me it's more of a science project as I've not done headlight type LEDs.

Special attention has been given to dissipation (between 10-20W), temperature rise, and light dispersion. The LED board will be backed by a large heatsink and a dc-dc switching converter will be on a second board mounted on the rear of the heatsink. The LEDs can get much hotter than the dc-dc converter.

This is the fog light fixture opened up. The reflector will not be used. The board will clip onto the glass lens and the front ring.

Click to view attachment

The LED lenses can be seen in this mockup. The board color will be white.

Click to view attachment

The heat sink will cover the entire rear of the board save for the space needed to add the 4 clips.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Beautiful car drooley.gif

Fun LED project, are you using a metal core PCB?
914dave
QUOTE(rgolia @ Nov 28 2017, 01:28 PM) *

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Nov 28 2017, 12:25 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif and spokes leds are outstanding

I can attest to that. Followed Ralph to a show in the fog and rain. His lighting was as bright as and Audi A6 side by side!!
Spoke
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Nov 28 2017, 03:52 PM) *

Beautiful car drooley.gif

Fun LED project, are you using a metal core PCB?

The car is from the web, not the guy I'm working with.

I looked into metal core boards and they were very expensive. Like $75 per PCB. I'm planning to use 0.8mm thick PCB with many large vias around each LED. I'll fill the vias with solder for better heat flow.

For me this activity is a science project. Not sure I can get the light needed and keep the light is as much of a beam as necessary not to blind oncoming traffic. Hoping to get the board to the fab this weekend.
rgolia
Spoke - you can do it. In any case I just ordered the front side marker lights and the reverse boards. Thanks
76-914
Hey Spoke, I just saw the flasher you have on your website. Does that correct the L&R indicators flashing simultaneously? beerchug.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 29 2017, 07:48 PM) *

Hey Spoke, I just saw the flasher you have on your website. Does that correct the L&R indicators flashing simultaneously? beerchug.gif

Yes. A problem when both L&R indicators flash at the same time, it is likely that the opposite side turnsignal LED will flash gently. This is because the 2 indicators is driving the other side's LEDs.

The EP26 is pin-compatible for the 914 but not function-compatible with the 914 L&R indicators. The C2 pin on EP26 does nothing whereas on the 914 this pin drives the common wire to the L&R indicator or the single L<>R indicator on later years.

The EP26 that I have on my website is modified by me to drive C2. I also show on a couple of pages how to modify EP26. EP26 is available at most FLAPS (store or online) and Amazon.
914Sixer
icon_bump.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2017, 10:38 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Thanks for the reminder.

I got a taste of these bright LED brake lights as I was following Steve this past weekend down to San Diego. I was left very impressed with their brightness. Great safety enhancement.

Needless to say...I just bought some for two of my running 914's. More to follow.

Thanks,

piratenanner.gif

Oscar
somd914
A bit late on responding, but wanted to say kudos to Spoke for an excellent product. I see now that I'm going to need turn signals, and also lights for the 911.

Here is the driver's side light installed, tail light is shown, this is not the brake light. Wow, the old 914 lights now compare to contemporary cars...

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.