Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
So, after purchasing the complete shift bushing kit from Pelican for my 73 sideshift, i read a post about bronze bushings and teflon too.

I got the kit already and was going to play over the weekend, but, which if any would be ideal to use a better bushing on?
I dont want to buy all new stuff, but if there was one bushing that would be the weakest link?????

experiences speak now. clap.gif
Joe Ricard
The one that goes through the side shift console at the transaxle.
I used a piece of galvanized pipe nipple. 1/2" inside diameter. with two electrical conduit nuts to secure it. Also put a grease fitting in it and give it a shot every now and then.

Ask Fred Hurst how fast I can shift 1-2.... hardly lift the gas pedal.

Mueller
i'd just use the parts you already have...they will last for years and you'll be fine.........
aircooledboy
Look at it this way: The nylon ones you are replacing now are probably the 30+ yr old originals. idea.gif So, you should only worry about using the nylon replacements you have if having to do it again in 30 yrs it just too damn often. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.