Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HARD brake pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
Background: Barn find '72 1.7 that PO bought in May 2016. He had brake work done (not exactly sure what all was done) along with a few other minor items to get roadworthy. The car was rarely driven during his ownership. In fact, it quit running in early spring 2017 (vacuum leaks, among other issues). PO was NOT mechanically inclined and had others do all work.

I bought the 914 early summer of this year and it has mostly been sitting in my driveway as I slowly sort through various issues. I sorted through the fuel system, vac lines, etc and got the 1.7 to fire up and run. Took it for a drive around the subdivision. Ran but not great. Still more work to do. dry.gif

Currently: So it sat a bit more and when I did finally get back to it, went to take it for another test drive and noticed the brake pedal is now VERY hard as in, barely moves. blink.gif

Any ideas on what may have happened from one drive to the next? Could it be something as simple as pedal bushings needing replaced? Or could it be MC or something else in the brake system? Seems odd that pedal was fine one day and then a few weeks later, without touching it, it barely moves.

driving.gif
IronHillRestorations
My guess is you have a bad master cylinder that has leaked brake fluid on to your original plastic pedal cluster bushings that have expanded and bound up your pedal.
mgphoto
Bushings in the pedal assembly are swollen, get a rebuilt unit from Bruce Stone, member here, too notch work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.