Full Version: Hat Poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
Answer A
IPB Image

Answer B
IPB Image

I know a lot of people would like 914-6, but economics of scale prevent us from having multiple designs.

I think I can split the colors into 2 different choices

the back will have www.914world.com above the adjustment area
DNHunt
Choice B. Count me in for 3

Dave
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 7 2003, 05:58 PM)
the back will have www.914world.com above the adjustment area

I thought they were flex-fit? Not fully adjustable...

Flex fit gets my vote.
Aaron Cox
flex fit! plz
BravoHotel
Choice B...otherwise too much of "....what's that on your hat?"

BH
seanery
I prefer flex fit, too...that is what the pricing I'm getting is for. I don't know if they can embroider the back of the flexfit since its got elastic back there.
ChrisReale
I like B as well. Looks great!
seanery
did you vote Chris? (# didn't change)
boxstr
914 inside the outline is redundent, we know it is a 914.
CCLINCCLIN
trickz
mine has a slant nose and a 283(much needed ) can you add that ??? thanks ,john /trickz tunez.gif
rick 918-S
I don't wear hats. I have wild hair. Gives me hat head. My wife wears hats. She likes the adjustable ones. You know, the ones with the slide clip. Not the plastic thing. style B alien.gif
EdwardBlume
Do the outline with the 9-1-4. It rocks. laugh.gif
jtf914
I like A best, but count me in for two no matter which design gets picked. I figure, whether it has the "914" on it or not, most people are not going to understand. It's all just part of the 914 "experience".
rhodyguy
the more mysterious the better in my book, like being hep to an inside joke. if you don't "get it", you weren't ment to. dave, better get 4. don't leave the wife out of the loop.

kevin
Cdn Teener
I'm all for "B"...ya know bein' from a place that has random snow in MAY! ohmy.gif Makes it hard for all those teeners to get out so not too many ppl know what they are.
mike_the_man
I prefer B, but I'm in for one no matter which one is picked. Great work.
72Signal914
I like A, Craig is right the 914 is kind of redundant especially if its going to say 914World.com on the back. Is there anyway you could have 914World.com on the rim of the hat going along one the outside corners and have a smaller outline 914 on the back, that would be cool
72Signal914
also don't put the "www." in front of 914World.com. Just leave it as 914World.com on the back it'll stand out more
Neal
B and Flex fit driving.gif
Lawrence
I would prefer:

1. 914-6 below the silouette.
2. Slide on the back... no flex fit.
3. No embroidery on the back.

-Rusty
airsix
'A' with "914world.com" on the back (like Mike said, as opposed to www.914world.com). Never tried a flex-fit but I'll give it a shot.
-Ben M.
Cdn Teener
Sorry to reply twice, but if there's gonna be a 914world.com on the back I'm all for just the outline...lends itself to the "inside joke/exclusiveness" of it.
And definately flex fit, my mellon is a Strange size... pissoff.gif
URY914
I say "B".
Without the "914" on it people will ask "What's up with the stupid crooked line on your hat?".
But if you put the "914" on it people will say, "Hey thats a great car, I wish I had one, can I buy yours?."

Paul
jtf914
Just for you Paul:
72Signal914
Just looking at it again. Some people, like backyard Americans a.ka. white trash would think thats some cool rip-off of a Chevy bowtie (even though some 914s are Chevy powered, kind of ironic). Can anybody see the resemblence.

As said before I like the outline only but I think if you could put 914 on the corner of the bill or 914World.com on the bill and put the 914 badge on the back of the cap that should solve any questions people would have

another $.02

Also, which font are you (or can you) use for the back that says 914World.com. I personally like the Porsche script 914 and then the "CLUB" in the font thats in my sig and then some cursive ".com"
scottb
i will take either A or B.... are we gonna have a choice of colors?????
ninefourteener
I like B better as well. I'll take one just cause it would be cool to have. Unfortunately, I'm not a hat guy either though.

Hey....... can I get a T-shirt with the same logo? Like a small one on the front and a big one on the back?? Black T with silver print??

Now THAT would rock.... I'll buy 6 of them\

beerchug.gif
cha914
I have been voting and haven't officially replied yet...I will take two, and I vote for A with the 914club on the back...I would prefer a cloth adjust hat, but I will get them regardless of the fit.

Tony
Frank Marino
I like it with "914" and def flex fit, much more comfy.
Brad Roberts
WOW. Those look nice Sean.

I dont wear hats (losing hair without the help of a hat)

B
Qarl
Seanery's poll is biased.

Notice how HIS design photo is much larger then the design I submitted

Cheater!

Just kidding! I like them both!
airsix
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 9 2003, 07:55 AM)
WOW. Those look nice Sean.

I dont wear hats (losing hair without the help of a hat)

B

All the more reason to keep the sun off your dome. smile.gif
-Ben M.
dagdal1967
Plan B for me! Count me in for AT LEAST 1

I'm not too bothered about Adjustable or Flexi-fit.

Doug
seanery
I find that I have to keep a hat in the car for those days when the sunroof is open or the top is off!

I used to make fun of my dad's red head, now I get them from time to time DOH! ohmy.gif
jfort
B for me. I don't know what flex fit is, but I'll buy regardless.
seanery
FLEXFIT,

is kind of like a fitted (sized) hat, except that there is a bit of spandex in the back. They are nice because they look like a fitted hat, but fit many people.

Not everyone can wear a fitted cap, though. Those with the big, big jugs out there may not fit, same with chillen's, small heads may not fit either.

That's the downside to flexfit. I, personally, am one of the majority and can wear them.
Curvie Roadlover
Either one, count me in!
Targa
I'm definitely in for a few of the B design(which just happens to be winning the poll rolling.gif ). I also like the idea of
"9-1-4Club.com" on the back and I wanted to add that we should consider doing that whole thing with the Porsche font. I think it would look sharp! All I want to know is what hat color options will we have, what embroidery color options we will have, and what's the price going to be. Also, could this purchace be coordinated with any funds like Korijo's that are not complete?
seanery
could this purchace be coordinated with any funds like Korijo's that are not complete?

What does that mean?
Targa
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 9 2003, 01:32 PM)
What does that mean?

I'm sorry, let me clarify. What I meant to ask is can this hat purchase help in any way to raise any further funds that the club is trying to raise. Only curious, not trying to complicate anything. Now, have you got any info to answer my questions about the hats?
seanery
there are 2 other polls regarding color and quantity.
Quantity ordered by group determines price.
seanery
pretty consistent 4 -1 vote.
seanery
poll closes the 14th.
72Signal914
QUOTE(Targa @ Jul 9 2003, 05:30 PM)
I also like the idea of "9-1-4Club.com" on the back and I wanted to add that we should consider doing that whole thing with the Porsche font. I think it would look sharp!

It would look sharp but the the thing is that hte Porsche font would wrap around half the head since it is flat and wide I think we should come up with some examples of what should be on the back. Like different font combinations for 914World.com that would stand out. I'll post some examples in a few
72Signal914
here's 2, i would do more but I'm tired
Curvie Roadlover
Please consider the topless version smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
one more day, voting ends 7pm EST.
GaroldShaffer
Bump

Just wondering if there was a plan to take $$ for hats? If so where and how much? Just want to make sure
I don't miss on these, Thanks! boldblue.gif
seanery
I'm waiting for some info from a couple vendors.

I have contacted one of the high end collegiate hat makers asking for a quote. We can fit their minimum order if everyone who responded actually buys one.
GaroldShaffer
I will take two at least, maybe three. Thank you for doing the leg work on getting these hats done. pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.