Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monza exhaust doesn't fit?!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeInMunich
Greetings once again from wonderful Munich, Germany y'all!

I bought a Monza from Craig at Camp 914 a few years ago and recently sold it to a guy who's having trouble getting the heat exchangers to both line up to it properly.

First of all, I don't recall ever seeing info about a Monza or Anza or any other exhaust for a 914 for that matter, which specified being for a particular engine size, so, am I correct to assume that a Monza for a 914 fits any heat exchanger that came from the factory?

Secondly, I'm thinking that the guy just held the Monza up to the HEers and saw that when the right side was lined up, the HEer on the left side was off, by apparently quite a bit, by looking at the photos. The gap looks like it could be as much as 3-4 INCHES. blink.gif The left side HEer doesn't seem to be back far enough to meet up with the muffler!

What could be the problem here?

Thanks a lot in advance for sharing your experience and wisdom! beerchug.gif

With best regards from Munich,

Mike smilie_flagge6.gif
mepstein
1.7 & 1.8 fit differently than 2.0.
maf914
Attached photos from Jeff Bowlsby's website.
bdstone914
The muffler is probably not the correct one to match hi heat exchanges. Note the dimensional differences between the 2.0L and 1.7-1.8L type.
914Sixer
I always bolt the HE's and the muffler up LOOSE until I get them where I want them. Then crank them down.
rhodyguy
Yep. That 3-4" approximates the width dif between 1.7/1.8 and 2.0 hangers. Never dreamt the picture of the hangers on my deck would become a reference item.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.