Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jay Leno’s Garage 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JmuRiz
Watching it now biggrin.gif
Gulf91474
Awesome job on Leno. driving.gif
Now tell him to buy you some new tires...
ndfrigi
Congratulation Eric! Thanks also for making the 914 on a higher level and for mentioning 914world too!

VaccaRabite
Jay did seem to enjoy it.
On some of his episodes you can tell he's working too much behind the wheel to carry on much of a dialog. Not here. Seemed like he was really ripping it up on the road.

Zach
iankarr
Congrats Eric! Beautiful car too....
burton73
Saw It this AM on my phone. Nice work E. You look good on camera.
Car too.

Bob B
falcor75
Nice video, hopefully you tipped Jay off to the deal of the year car '74 car at BHCC..... wink.gif
timothy_nd28
Very good press for us! I totally forgot about that 10k rpm tach, I'll start working on it. smash.gif
Coondog
Well done, the you tube comments was a interesting love it or hate it read.
StratPlayer
Very cool, congrats Eric. first.gif aktion035.gif
Mueller
Congrats....

I could actually see a slight increase in the popularity of our 914s more with Jay Leno's drive of Erics car than with Magnus buying and modifying a few 914s himself.

Got this cranked up in the garage running thru my 3 foot tall stereo speakers for the neighbors to enjoy as well.
Mueller
Anyone know the significance of the 2 red strips near the gas cap?
porbmw
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Nov 27 2017, 11:24 AM) *

Very cool, congrats Eric. first.gif aktion035.gif

Nice! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
driving.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks Gang,

I simply couldn't have done it without 914World and the support here.

A special shout out and thanks to Jaime Mejia (Oldschool) for all of his work as he tirelessly pushed the 914 to the crew behind the scenes. This never would have happened without him.

Again, thank you to everyone here for all your support and comments that helped us grow.

The 914 is here to stay...

QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 27 2017, 12:57 PM) *

Shows the pit crew the engagement angle when putting the cap back on. Something I stole from looking at all of the various GT pictures on Armando's site (another invaluable resource for us all).
siverson
Congrats and fun episode!!!

-Steve
gereed75
really well done Eric. Great spot and a great car. So glad this is the one Leno got to see. No excuses needed for any thing about it and presented tastefully and with a great attitude!! Way to represent. Sweet !!!!
pete000
Best car on Leno !

Watch the prices soar now !

1971 914 1.7 needs TLC not running, has some rust. $42500.00
chandler1969
My goodness, what a great car!! I could watch that video over and over. Superb job eric! It's also amazing how small these cars are compared to whats on the road these days....
sbsix
My favorite Leno so far.
sfrenck
What's the episode number so I can look for it on TV and/or when will it be on TV?
iankarr
Is it just me...or does Jay seem like a comedian with cars who needs to get coffee?smile.gif
7TPorsh
Thoroughly enjoyed! Congratulations!

Interesting how monotone Jay is before he got in the car and then all of a sudden he got all bubbly.
HaraPuzo
congrats Eric!
watched the video earlier.
was cool to see your car in Leno's garage.
Orest
mgphoto
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 27 2017, 11:57 AM) *

Racing, fill tank, line up the cap , twist to close and go.....
oldschool
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 27 2017, 12:21 PM) *

Thanks Gang,

I simply couldn't have done it without 914World and the support here.

A special shout out and thanks to Jaime Mejia (Oldschool) for all of his work as he tirelessly pushed the 914 to the crew behind the scenes. This never would have happened without him.

Again, thank you to everyone here for all your support and comments that helped us grow.

The 914 is here to stay...

QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 27 2017, 12:57 PM) *

Shows the pit crew the engagement angle when putting the cap back on. Something I stole from looking at all of the various GT pictures on Armando's site (another invaluable resource for us all).

I was a fan of the show before I worked on it. But seeing and being around all the cool cars,I knew our 914 needed to be recognize on his show.
Thanks to Hans for coming in and Eric for bringing his 914 out for the show...
here is my cameo...look to right I'am with this hot chick.
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Dumb question, but is the car a '74 or a '70? Eric, you say it's a '70 tub, but Jay introduced the car as a '74"

Inquiring minds want to know?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 27 2017, 03:17 PM) *
Dumb question, but is the car a '74 or a '70? Eric, you say it's a '70 tub, but Jay introduced the car as a '74"

No, he said "... if this was a '70 ... "
shades.gif
GeorgeRud
It certainly looked like Jay was enjoying his drive. He’s always seemed like an honest enthusiast that enjoys all things mechanical and appreciates the efforts it took Eric to assemble this car.
Justinp71

That was Awesome! Great example of a 914-6 too!
Cairo94507
That was way cool. I really enjoyed seeing that. Our 914 stock just went up by 20 points. I would love to see Jay Leno build a 914-6. Eric's car is very cool I saw it before it was finished, but it was pretty close to being done. He did a terrific job and we are fortunate he is a part of our community. Jay is right, if you have a 914 question, not even brake related, Eric is an excellent source of information.

Cheers. beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
Do you get any swag for being on the show?
jim_hoyland
Fantastic ! Best review ever
914werke
first.gif Awesome.
Good Job Jamie , Eric aktion035.gif
So envious!
I noticed at the very end Jays comment "I gotta get me one" smile.gif
Erc did Jays wardrobe people veto the salmon shirt? biggrin.gif
Unpretentious
Way Cool!
NS914
Me too! What a great video!!!! Eric and the rest of you guys....your cars constantly amaze. Congratulations! Grant
BeatNavy
Just got through watching it smile.gif. Eric, car looked and sounded awesome. Great episode!
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 27 2017, 07:59 PM) *

I noticed at the very end Jays comment "I gotta get me one" smile.gif

Yeah, that almost got lost in the fade away at the end. Look for a new member here soon named "Jay"...
PANTLODE
thumb3d.gif
Elliot Cannon
Did anyone notice Leno cringe when Eric suggested that some people have installed chevy V-8's in a 914? av-943.gif Nice job Eric. Did Jay offer to buy your car? biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
Funny how even after all this time guys either love them or hate them....very little middle ground.
AlanG
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 27 2017, 06:31 PM) *

shades.gif

At about 7:30 he does say it was a '70 tub.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 27 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Funny how even after all this time guys either love them or hate them....very little middle ground.

Some guys have class and some don't. I think we know which is which. biggrin.gif
forrestkhaag
Nice film. Very well produced and a clear exhibition of Eric's talent and commitment to the marque.

Not to say screw the 911 snobs but I have owned outright most every p-car available from 62 notchback to current day C4S and everything in between. Not a a dealer but a broke enthusiast with a hankering for stinkin squareweave underfoot or a smokin hot interior in a 74 Targa...... literally..

For me.......... The 914 is the new norm.

No heater.

No radio.

No defrost.

Just a simple car with a hand throttle to warm it up / and a screaming engine right behind your brain just to the right center. My Fuely ap shows a reasonable 17 MPG on a 3.0 ^ on Weber 40's. ... for the money, one cannot do any better.

Tomorrows drive is to a place called Queen Valley off the 101 and 60 east. This place may sound questionable to Larmo and others in SoCal - but out here / open land and open roads.

In open land AZ, it is an flat straight road that goes on for ever and has at its end, a legal open shooting range where a man can set up an electric flinger for clays and a picnic. Photos to follow.

beerchug.gif

Sidebar: Still testing the wierd failure of the MSD ignition. So I will drive further and further out until AAA comes to save me again......... so far perfect...

past pickups to follow..
beerchug.gif

AlanG
Great video. Beautiful car. Thanks for sharing.
jfort
Very, very cool, Eric. But then I am biased. Congratulations!!
KaptKaos
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Mueller
Oh yea, at least for me the next video that pops up is another Jay Leno's Garage featuring a pair of nice early 911's from a shop called LA Workshop 5001.

A quick google search mentions that these are $400,000 builds! screwy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(AlanG @ Nov 27 2017, 05:43 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 27 2017, 06:31 PM) *
shades.gif
At about 7:30 he does say it was a '70 tub.

The way i heard it, as they were discussing details, he said:

"We made this ourselves. If this was a '70 tub ... I didn't go too crazy, you can find all those parts but it was just one of those things, you know ... with a '74 car ..."

idea.gif
saigon71
Fantastic video. Well done Eric! beerchug.gif

I liked the 914world.com plug too. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.