Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb 2.4t 7r block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
pete-stevers
Starting my hunt for a 2.4 T 7r block biggrin.gif
Let me know if you have one and how much please!
PNW preferred... if i can be that picky sunglasses.gif
pete-stevers
not even a comment from the peanut gallery?? WTF.gif

mb911
Supertec has a few on their shelves..
briansmachine
My brother has that case. How much are you willing to pay for that case
mepstein
I have these two cases for sale.
raynekat
I've seen 7R cases go anywhere from $1k to $15k (asking price).
And a lot in between.
Good luck with the search.
pete-stevers
QUOTE(briansmachine @ Dec 2 2017, 01:25 PM) *

I am not willing to take a chance purchasing any parts from a lurker... sorry, spend some time and post a bit in the community first, thanks a ton! unless of course you are a regular on the bird board
Mep, you have a pm
I will talk with Henry as well
brant
I also need a 2.4 small spigot 7r block
Post a follow up if you don’t mind.
Good block. Still needs alot of machine work
briansmachine
[quote name='pete-stevers' date='Dec 2 2017, 06:57 PM' post='2554272']
[quote name='briansmachine' post='2554224' date='Dec 2 2017, 01:25 PM']
[/quote]

I am not willing to take a chance purchasing any parts from a lurker... sorry, spend some time and post a bit in the community first, thanks a ton! unless of course you are a regular on the bird board
Mep, you have a pm
DUDE!!! WTF.gif
I think that you just called me a lurker.
Mister Stevers , if that is your name please do your research before you go out name calling. I have been on here since may of 2010 and I run a licensed repair business in Connecticut specializing in Porsche for 39 years and have been member of CVR Porsche club since 1978.
And ideally you could have gotten that case from me for a real good deal since I have been instrumental in providing quality parts and service for the better part of the 39 years that I have been in business but after your little rant here my price to anyone but you will be very reasonable you however can be assured that I may not be giving any deals to you.

BK911
I have one.
Also have crank, rods, oil pump, int shaft, heads, etc...
Email me and I will send pics.
Bk911@hotmail.com.
Brian
pete-stevers
QUOTE(BK911 @ Dec 3 2017, 03:09 AM) *

I have one.
Also have crank, rods, oil pump, int shaft, heads, etc...
Email me and I will send pics.
Bk911@hotmail.com.
Brian

Email sent! biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
[quote name='briansmachine' date='Dec 2 2017, 08:39 PM' post='2554354']
[/quote]

Mep, you have a pm
DUDE!!! WTF.gif
Mister Stevers , if that is your name please do your research before you go out name calling. I have been on here since may of 2010 and I run a licensed repair business in Connecticut specializing in Porsche for 39 years and have been member of CVR Porsche club since 1978.
And ideally you could have gotten that case from me for a real good deal since I have been instrumental in providing quality parts and service for the better part of the 39 years that I have been in business but after your little rant here my price to anyone but you will be very reasonable you however can be assured that I may not be giving any deals to you.
[/quote]

Hey Brian, With all the scam artists out there that reply to wanted ads I just don't, as a policy buy from guys who don't have any post history. I did not intend for you to take offence to it, but a lurker ...if I am not mistaken is a technical term used for a person with no posts, not a term I use in a negative sense.
I bet in your shop you much prefer to deal with a customer with history, than a guy fresh off the street.
My apologies if I offended you.
That is why I posted here in the 914 world rather than Pelican as I know a few of the sordid individuals here, and they know of me. It is like a big ole family in here grouphug.gif .... and sometimes we step on each others toes in the process.
Peace to you!
mepstein
Found a couple more. I don’t believe any are a 7R. The only history I have on them is we purchased them from another shop a year ago. They were bare when we got them. I would remove the head studs to ship since they usually are bent during shipping and are rusty. The T cases are $1200, the E cases are $1,800.
gcrotvik
On Bay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-1973-C...5%257Ciid%253A1

Pricy but there's been a lot of work been done to it.
mepstein
Building up from a case is the most expensive way to build. A core is usually less total cost and a good running engine is probably the most economical way to go.
That being said, if I had a bottomless wallet, I would have Henry at Supertec build me one of his specials.
mb911
At that price I should just sell my fresh 2.4 build..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 3 2017, 05:12 PM) *

At that price I should just sell my fresh 2.4 build..

A build like yours with the attention to detail isn't cheap. $15-16K-?
We had a customer come in to the shop to tune his stock 2.7 CIS. He had just had it rebuild by another shop for $22k. The WUR and FD were not touched and needed to be rebuilt. Ran fine after that.
briansmachine
[quote name='pete-stevers' date='Dec 3 2017, 12:51 PM' post='2554495']
[/quote]

Mep, you have a pm
DUDE!!! WTF.gif
[/quote]

Hey Brian, With all the scam artists out there that reply to wanted ads I just don't, as a policy buy from guys who don't have any post history. I did not intend for you to take offence to it, but a lurker ...if I am not mistaken is a technical term used for a person with no posts, not a term I use in a negative sense.
I bet in your shop you much prefer to deal with a customer with history, than a guy fresh off the street.
That is why I posted here in the 914 world rather than Pelican as I know a few of the sordid individuals here, and they know of me. It is like a big ole family in here grouphug.gif .... and sometimes we step on each others toes in the process.
Peace to you!
[/quote]

Well Pete I have had a few sordid replys from some of those individual;s and I do my homework to make sure that they are real and if they are not I just ignore their posts.
If you have done the same you would have found out from my personal info on here that I am a real and verifyable business and have been working with Porsche clients for a long time and run a very respectable and honest business.
Here is a link to my Pelican parts profile that shows 3 pages of items that I have sold an purchased on that site. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/search.php?searchid=16928055.
That being said I accept your apology.

Brian Blake (owner operator of Brians Machine Service located in South WIndsor Ct. An independant auto repair and specialty manufacturing business doing business for the better part of half a century.)
mepstein
[quote name='briansmachine' date='Dec 4 2017, 09:28 AM' post='2554733']
[quote name='pete-stevers' date='Dec 3 2017, 12:51 PM' post='2554495']
[/quote]

Mep, you have a pm
DUDE!!! WTF.gif
[/quote]

Peace to you!
[/quote]

Well Pete I have had a few sordid replys from some of those individual;s and I do my homework to make sure that they are real and if they are not I just ignore their posts.
If you have done the same you would have found out from my personal info on here that I am a real and verifyable business and have been working with Porsche clients for a long time and run a very respectable and honest business.
Here is a link to my Pelican parts profile that shows 3 pages of items that I have sold an purchased on that site. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/search.php?searchid=16928055.
That being said I accept your apology.

Brian Blake (owner operator of Brians Machine Service located in South WIndsor Ct. An independant auto repair and specialty manufacturing business doing business for the better part of half a century.)
[/quote]
welcome.png beerchug.gif
colingreene
effectively asking people what they have is asking people who lurk what they have.
so much salty going around today.
EdwardBlume
I have a 73.5 2.4 T motor in my /6 conversion. It's for sure a 7R - its a factory replacement motor that's been freshened up but not really run yet.
Front yard mechanic
I would rather buy from a lurker than a gouger
mepstein
Posted on earlysreg
BK911
Those are 2.7 cases.
The 2.4 7r case is a half year only case that came in all 73.5Ts and some later 73Es and Ss.
Very rare case, and the strongest of the mag cases.
The ones from the Ts would have been the least stressed since this engine was pretty anemic in power.
gereed75
on the early s registry about 11 pages back is another guy selling six or seven cases. Several late T and E. might be a 7R in there.

Sorry no link
mb911
QUOTE(BK911 @ Dec 8 2017, 03:21 AM) *

Those are 2.7 cases.
The 2.4 7r case is a half year only case that came in all 73.5Ts and some later 73Es and Ss.
The ones from the Ts would have been the least stressed since this engine was pretty anemic in power.

well what do you know I guess I own a rare one then.. I probably knew that at one time but forgot..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 8 2017, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(BK911 @ Dec 8 2017, 03:21 AM) *

Those are 2.7 cases.

well what do you know I guess I own a rare one then.. I probably knew that at one time but forgot..

Probably makes you feel a little better about dropping all the cash to get it prepped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.