Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to download a thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theer
Anyone know how I can download a thread?

I'm finishing up Cpt Tripps' subie conversion and would like to download his original 50+ page thread. The purpose is to be able to search the thread for specific parts of the project and not have to flip through all the pages.

I've tried the "download this thread" option a few times and different file formats, but in each case it only captures the first 15 pages.

Thanks,
Tom
VaccaRabite
I didn't even know we had that option..

I'm guessing you are hitting cache or bandwith limits somewhere. Could be here, but it also could be your ISP.

Zach
McMark
Didja try this? At the bottom of each page.
mepstein
Does it make a difference if you change the settings to put more posts per page.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 28 2017, 11:08 AM) *
Does it make a difference if you change the settings to put more posts per page.

No ...

I just looked through the code and it appears there is a hard cutoff at 300 posts, so any thread with more than that is currently truncated when saved/printed.

I can bump up that limit but at some point things will start to break down if you're trying to download a thread with 1000s of posts.
dry.gif
theer
Ok - thanks, Andy.

McMark - I never noticed that - it should work.
SirAndy
Alright, i bumped up the post limit to 1500, that allows for printing up to 75 pages.
type.gif
theer
Woo hoo! Thank you!

Downloading now.
914forme
Oh heck yeah, thanks Andy piratenanner.gif
mepstein
pray.gif
whitetwinturbo
Andy grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
falcor75
Yoga pants thread is 29 pages.....just sayin'....

blink.gif

lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.