Unobtanium-inc
This one is probably pretty quick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Porsche-914-B...Ohw&vxp=mtr
Olympic 914
But with TURBO removed... So not really a Grand National motor
Mueller
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Nov 28 2017, 04:37 PM) *

Yea, it sounds like it might be slower now than if they had just stuck a regular Buick V6 into it sad.gif

No idea what the compression ratio is on those, but usually lower than an N/A motor.

Still might be fun to drive.
Rob-O
That thing has more gauges in it than the first Cessna 150 I flew in!

I thought GN’s had about 215-230 hp depending on year. Could be wrong though. I’d guess significantly lower CR than a stock Buick V6.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 28 2017, 11:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Nov 28 2017, 04:37 PM) *

Yea, it sounds like it might be slower now than if they had just stuck a regular Buick V6 into it sad.gif

No idea what the compression ratio is on those, but usually lower than an N/A motor.

Still might be fun to drive.

8.0:1. Pretty typical of the 1980’s turbocharged motors.
DRPHIL914
there was a black 914 a while back that sold here on world , had a buick V6 in it as well, nothing too special about this motor with the turbo removed, im sure its a nice upgrade power wise from the 90 hp norm, and I guess it wouldn't be hard to find a GM mechanic to work on it if needed, just still not sure why go down this road unless the person just had the motor siting around and didn't know what to do with it?
Phoenix-MN
I have a NA buick 3.8 that’s built up with a lot of speed goodies. Makes all it’s power in the lower rpm range and really isn’t that fun to drive. I’m going to take it out and put in a 2.7 six with carbs that revs higher and should be a lot more fun to drive
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 29 2017, 11:54 AM) *

there was a black 914 a while back that sold here on world , had a buick V6 in it as well, nothing too special about this motor with the turbo removed, im sure its a nice upgrade power wise from the 90 hp norm, and I guess it wouldn't be hard to find a GM mechanic to work on it if needed, just still not sure why go down this road unless the person just had the motor siting around and didn't know what to do with it?

There was a popular swap Buick aluminum V6 that made moderate power but was great for weight savings. I don’t think the GN motor was aluminum.
Unobtanium-inc
This one even had custom valve covers!
GregAmy
That's disappointing...I came in here looking for an installation from one of these...

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.