Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB 3 piece back pad in plastic NOT fiberglass $99
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
As many of you may know, we had carried the fiberglass version of this for some time. We have improved upon this part and went to a plastic version. It is just as sturdy as the fiberglass, and is easier to staple and glue to. That was the biggest complaint with these. Fiberglass will not take staples well and most glues (that you would want to use) do not stick well to fiberglass long term.

The plastic is thick enough that you would not have to use tinnerman nuts (that hold it together in the paper version) should you so choose.

We have already started shipping these, and have them in stock. Now is a perfect time to save some cash.

Who's interested?
StratPlayer
Count me in on 1 please...
jasons
Is there any possibility of bundling a discount on the vinyl covering with it?
Mikey914
QUOTE(jasons @ Nov 30 2017, 08:35 AM) *

Is there any possibility of bundling a discount on the vinyl covering with it?

Yes we could put something together, standby.
jmitro
I'm in for one, especially if it comes pre-loaded with new vinyl
gerber28
Yes, I'd be interested in one.
bigkensteele
Still have the fiberglass in the box because of said install issues. headbang.gif
76-914
You know, those look so nice I may not cover mine! lol-2.gif
raynekat
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 30 2017, 07:49 AM) *

Who's interested?

I'd be most interested if you had a "bolt in" replacement that had the foam and vinyl already installed on the plastic back pad sections.

A truly turn key solution might be very popular????
Mikey914
Working on it.
I have the vinyl and finalizing the restocking on them tomorrow.
The foam will add another $200, but we have some tooling to finish.
flmont
ill have 1
jfort
Most interested in one. I’d like to see what it looks like with foam and vinyl on it.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jfort @ Dec 2 2017, 01:35 AM) *

Most interested in one. I’d like to see what it looks like with foam and vinyl on it.

This is with the fiberglass three peice core. With the plastic, it will look the same where you can see it. The big difference is that in the area behind the seat where there is no padding, it’s smooth and doesn’t show any of the fiberglass texture.

This is a kind of continuous improvement process. Mark, using feedback from previous installations from other customers has improved the product. The car should rust to dust before this plastic degrades. The fiberglass if you’ve already got it shelved, works great.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 30 2017, 10:17 PM) *

You know, those look so nice I may not cover mine! lol-2.gif

Actually a one piece would be cool in some apps. smile.gif
Jett
I’d like a complete turnkey solution with foam and vinyl.. I could use two smile.gif
beech4rd
Please count me in for one of these. Just saw that Porsche Classic has the whole back wall available for $1350. A bargain, no doubt! Doesn't look too correct for the 1970 and '71 modelsClick to view attachment
HalfMoon
I know this will sound odd, but can you sell the center section only?
The seats I use prevent me from using the outer sections.
JamesM
QUOTE(beech4rd @ Dec 2 2017, 10:21 AM) *

Please count me in for one of these. Just saw that Porsche Classic has the whole back wall available for $1350. A bargain, no doubt! Doesn't look too correct for the 1970 and '71 modelsClick to view attachment

I must be getting old or something. When i first looked at that price it didn't strike me overly unreasonable for a brand new factory back pad. Of course if you think about the fact that it is just basically cardboard, foam padding, and vinyl or the fact that 15 years ago I drove home a 914 that i paid $900 for, one may start questioning where the value is.

May also be due to the fact that a couple weeks ago I was looking into getting a hood badge they use on the new GT3s. You know the one that is just a sticker to save weight...

a 3" sticker...

that costs near $100...

A 3" STICKER!!!!

Compared to that. $1350 for cardboard, foam padding, and vinyl seems like a decent deal.

Starting to feel like maybe the Germans have a materials cost problem.
larryM
so how do i get this set for $99?

would be great for a race car!

your website says $179
http://shop.914rubber.com/Back-pad-NEW-PLA...p3plqscsfapp006

?
jfort
I’d like a complete turnkey solution with foam and vinyl but just one

Has a price been established?
Mikey914
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Dec 2 2017, 09:33 AM) *

I know this will sound odd, but can you sell the center section only?
The seats I use prevent me from using the outer sections.

I can, but my cost is the same as these are all formed on one mold. Shipping would be less. At this price I have no margin to hold product.
Sorry,
Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(larryM @ Dec 3 2017, 12:12 PM) *

so how do i get this set for $99?

would be great for a race car!

your website says $179
http://shop.914rubber.com/Back-pad-NEW-PLA...p3plqscsfapp006

?

Codes sent to all so far.

Turnkey will be an option, but the cost will go up. I'm just pumping out the product now to help recoup some of the tooling and development cost.

The vinyl we can do and will have a more definitive cost and lead time for it tomorrow.
Mark
Mikey914
Closing 12/23
Cairo94507
Hi Mikey - Please add me to he list for one of these for my Six.
Thank you and Merry Christmas,
Michael
jgullock
I'm in for one.
Costa05
I am in for one.
JFJ914
Ok, I need 1. Send the secret code please.
StratPlayer
Ordered beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Codes sent to all a little of 24 hrs left before these close
peteyd
Please sign me up for one.

Thanks for another great product!
Pete
euro911
How do they attach to the firewall? ... do they come with the metal tabs?
Mikey914
These are just like the fiberglass. Intended for you to replace the fiberboard material. You will need to harvest your hardware and clips to move over to these. We can put together a "kit" but it would be extra. Our experience has been that most harvest the old hardware, you can also easily use as a template to mount the hardware.
Niklas
I can take 2 sets.
When will you have the targa paddling ready ?
So you can send the parts in one package.

Niklas
Mikey914
We are a few months out from having the padding. Plenty of other items to send now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.