Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB for upper front strut tower rubber bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
These are those pesky rubber bushings that go inside the top of the strut tower mount. Yes you can buy new metal mounts with the new rubber.....at $180 each!

I designed these to allow for install using a press, or with threaded rod, some washers and nuts. Getting the old one out is the hardest part. You can use a sharp knife to cut the upper lip and knock the rubber out the bottom. As the lip is what's holding it in. You can use a press and it will pop out.

Install is pretty easy. I designed it to act like a wedge-lock. Align the rubber in the metal part and use a bench vice (or press) to push the two sides together. I used a lower graphite content poly-graphite to allow these to push together under pressure. It creates a wedge lock that will hold the parts in place . You can see that the depth of engagement is correct on the top when the metal tube hits the ends of the bushing. It will be almost fully engaged but will require tightening about 1/8" more down during the install for the strut.

I think you will like these, especially for the price!

Also good to install while you do the A -arm rubber poke.gif
mb911
In on these to
7TPorsh
Can these be installed without having to do an alignment?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 30 2017, 05:08 PM) *

Can these be installed without having to do an alignment?

Yes, if you are careful. This may help a little: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2538321
yellowporky
I will take a set too please
djway
All in......heck just Main Line me
Mblizzard
Add me! I got to kick this habit but you make good stuff!
toolguy
is a "set" one side or for both right and left struts ???
Mikey914
Good question,
I typically (95% of the time) refer to a set as a complete car's worth. This is one of those times.

I know with my prices I've had people call to ask if it's enough for a car or if they need to order another. biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(djway @ Dec 1 2017, 12:20 AM) *

All in......heck just Main Line me

Yea, a 914rubber part of the week subscription. Just keep sending parts on auto pay. biggrin.gif
MikeM
I want to order these but don't see them on the website.
Am I missing something?
Thanks.
Mikey914
On the site now
https://www.shop.914rubber.com/Upper-Front-...m?categoryId=-1

Codes sent to all this far

Thanks,
Mark
jim_hoyland
How does one know these need to be replaced ?
jim_hoyland
How does one know these need to be replaced ?
nditiz1
agree.gif

Code please
restore2seater
I'm in for a set.
RoadGlue
I'm in, thanks!!
914four
In for a set.
JamesM
You got me again.

Im in.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all this far
mlindner
I'm in for a set, PayPal sent. Mark
GregAmy
Send me one too, please.

Wife asked me today what I wanted for Christmas. I told her gift certs from 914Rubber. com.

She thought I was kidding.
Mikey914
Maybe we should add that option. We had never really done much as far as gift certificates but maybe we should ?
RoadGlue
Ordered mine, thanks!
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 4 2017, 12:32 PM) *

Maybe we should add that option. We had never really done much as far as gift certificates but maybe we should ?

Yes, you should. I used to work retail. Gift certificates are a winner for every type of merchant. No need to scam. Your getting paid now for product you send later.
jesse7flying
I'm in for a set. Thx
Jesse
JmuRiz
Ok...I'm in again.

Add me to the list for front a-arm, rear arms and this strut top. Last did my suspension years ago when it was only creak/bang urithane available.
mlindner
Great job Mikey.....Strut tower bushing went in great. Very nice product. Thanks, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.