Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another new part from 914Rubber.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Mikey914
These are those pesky rubber bushings that go inside the top of the strut tower mount. Yes you can buy new metal mounts with the new rubber.....at $180 each!

I designed these to allow for install using a press, or with threaded rod, some washers and nuts. Getting the old one out is the hardest part. You can use a sharp knife to cut the upper lip and knock the rubber out the bottom. As the lip is what's holding it in. You can use a press and it will pop out.

Install is pretty easy. I designed it to act like a wedge-lock. Align the rubber in the metal part and use a bench vice (or press) to push the two sides together. I used a lower graphite content poly-graphite to allow these to push together under pressure. It creates a wedge lock that will hold the parts in place . You can see that the depth of engagement is correct on the top when the metal tube hits the ends of the bushing. It will be almost fully engaged but will require tightening about 1/8" more down during the install for the strut.

I think you will like these, especially for the price!
rothaus
Looks great. I wish you had them last year when I put the suspension together on my 70 911T.

Cheers
Engelbert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.