Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pulling and replacing throttle cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
Ok so i have to replace the throttle cable, so do I pull it from the rear - through the firewall, or would you pull it out from the front - in the cabin out ther front of the tunnel?

and would it be beneficial to tie on a small chaser wire, then leave it in place, to use to pull the replacement?
JFG
Mine came out of the rear, eventually. The new one went in from the rear. No chaser needed.
clapeza
Yes, it just pulls out from the firewall side.

It can't be emphasized enough, do not tie or attach anything to the old cable. The tube is pretty tiny, and anything attached will create more headaches when it gets wedged inside. The new cable should feed freely all the way to the front under its own inherent stiffness. Some have recommended using a light spray lubricant to help it pass, but that tube is about 4 feet long, so bear that in mind.
iankarr
Feed the tube lots of White Castle hamburgers and tequila. After that, it'll pass anything. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.