Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine shrouds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porbmw
"someday" I plan on installing a 2.7 engine in the engine compartment of an engineless original 6
What engine shroud "fits" the 2.7?
can/do/should I use a shroud from a 6/or early 2.0/2.2/2.4 engine, or does the 2.7 engine require a shroud specifically from a 2.7
IF so, is there a "shroud color difference" from one 2.7 to another and..if so...which is preferred
Thanks
Paul
douglastic
QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 1 2017, 12:37 PM) *

"someday" I plan on installing a 2.7 engine in the engine compartment of an engineless original 6
can/do/should I use a shroud from a 6/or early 2.0/2.2/2.4 engine, or does the 2.7 engine require a shroud specifically from a 2.7
IF so, is there a "shroud color difference" from one 2.7 to another and..if so...which is preferred
Thanks
Paul

This isn't your missing engine, is it?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=320513
porschetub
QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 2 2017, 09:37 AM) *

Thanks
Paul

Someone is welcome to correct me but from memory the design changed for the 2.7,it may have something to do with the CIS and cooling fan size confused24.gif ,the cooling duct for the oil cooler was changed from memory.
I would tend to buy one that was supplied for your motor,you should pick one up for reasonable money,folks steer away from damaged ones but they can be easily repaired if cleaned properly before hand.
Early 2.7 (74) were black and the later ones green gelcoat.
johnhora
911 engine shrouds....

914-6 used the one listed as 2.2T

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
This style should fit. It also requires a smaller gray colored oil cooler shroud with it.

Click to view attachment
sithot
http://www.series900.com

Damon makes all the correct colors. Early red is different than later red. 911SC is red-orange. You can get clear too and I suspect for the right price he'll make one any color you want. These have the color incorporated into the mold, not painted.

Click to view attachment
porbmw
QUOTE(douglastic @ Dec 1 2017, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 1 2017, 12:37 PM) *

Thanks
Paul

This isn't your missing engine, is it?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=320513

I wish I knew.
I was about to see if I could get a Certificate of Authenticity, but have just read here on "TheWorld" that as of this year I need to know the original engine number. The car came to me without that info...I will see if I can track down a previous owner, to see if that info exists "somewhere"
porbmw
Thanks to all!
A wealth of info out here in "theworld"!
Would have been quite the task for me to figure out!
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.