Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Italian tail light lens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
The clear lens was only sold on 914s imported to Italy. I have been running the same on the front for a couple years. The green from the LED backboard shows through. Got these from AA on Black Friday. The fit is horrible. The good news is my Hella lens are in great shape so it’s a easy switch back.
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Nice butt CDog!
mepstein
Ricey
Rleog
Adds nothing; subtracts much.
sb914
I think it depends on the color of the car
Larmo63
Honestly?

Not a fan. I agree with Mark, ricer.

I don't care for 'em on the front, either.

You asked...... barf.gif
johnhora
Back to the Hella lens...
this totally detracts from how nice your 914 looks...
pete000
Not a big fan. Even though they are the read deal and the 914 came in Italy with them too many other tuner cars do this. "Not my bag baby !"
raynekat
They don't bother me....but it really is a totally different look for the back of a 914.
bdstone914
Don't like them at all. Do you have to use red brake light bulbs and yellow turn signal bulbs to be legal?
pjhaun
I got mine from AA about 4 years ago, even then they fit really crappy. I had to put on red reflectors because of state law. I ended in getting a ticket.
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Here’s one for Larmo, I know how much he hates these.... lol-2.gif
Click to view attachment
pjhaun
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Dec 2 2017, 03:45 PM) *

I got mine from AA about 4 years ago, even then they fit really crappy. I had to put on red reflectors because of state law. I ended in getting a ticket.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 3 2017, 12:26 PM) *

Don't like them at all. Do you have to use red brake light bulbs and yellow turn signal bulbs to be legal?

Not legal in my country...
Blue6
Not legal here either...
pjhaun
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Dec 2 2017, 03:59 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Here is a video;
https:youtu.be/JsDHDx8b1As
burton73

Click to view attachment

Most of the time the all clear looks like crap to me, but on your car they look good.
I do not like 916 look as well butt, the whole look is good. Color nice blue

Bob B
Larmo63
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 2 2017, 03:52 PM) *

Here’s one for Larmo, I know how much he hates these.... lol-2.gif
Click to view attachment

"There you go again......."
Larmo63
Dooood, the euro ones mucho mas bien!!!!!
SKL1
Not a fan for the rear, but do have them on the front of my silver '71 with Spoke's LED bulbs. Like the look on the silver car (you can almost see them on the avatar)- saw them MANY years ago on one of Chuck Stoddard's 914-6's at a Parade and thought it looked good.
RickS
To the OP two thumbs down. They look good on the blue car but on silver they look too Lexus.
daytona
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Dec 2 2017, 06:59 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Didn't care much for the all clear ( it was too much), but I really like it with a splash of red from the reflector.
Bill.
effutuo101
I like them. White isn’t probably the best color. The blue looks nice!
Spoke
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 2 2017, 03:45 PM) *

...The green from the LED backboard shows through...

You can easily paint the boards with a brush if you want to. The Testors model paint would work well on those. The surface is clean and should take the paint well.

We can work something out at cost if you want to replace with black color boards.
Spoke
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 2 2017, 06:26 PM) *

The LED boards he has on the car do have red LEDs for the brake and either red or amber LEDs for the turnsignals.
drem914

Click to view attachment

What are the 3rd brake lights under the targa bar? And are those left and right arrows on the back glass?
pjhaun
QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 2 2017, 09:41 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What are the 3rd brake lights under the targa bar? And are those left and right arrows on the back glass?

The 3rd Brake light under the targa bar is a strip light I got on Ebay. You can buy them at different lengths. And I used double back sponge tape to attach it to the targa bar. I also got the turn signal arrow lights on Ebay. They where meant for side mirrors.
mgp4591
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Dec 3 2017, 12:05 AM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 2 2017, 09:41 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The 3rd Brake light under the targa bar is a strip light I got on Ebay. You can buy them at different lengths. And I used double back sponge tape to attach it to the targa bar. I also got the turn signal arrow lights on Ebay. They where meant for side mirrors.

It'd be great to have another view with the trunk lid down for a better view of the 3rd brake light and turn signals. I've always thought that more visibility is a good thing if it doesn't detract from the original look of the car too much.
Coondog
QUOTE(Spoke @ Dec 2 2017, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 2 2017, 03:45 PM) *

...The green from the LED backboard shows through...

You can easily paint the boards with a brush if you want to. The Testors model paint would work well on those. The surface is clean and should take the paint well.

We can work something out at cost if you want to replace with black color boards.

Thanks for the offer, already took the clear lens off the back, might exchange the green front boards one of these days. Thanks for making these “ Your LED boards are the best single mod that every 914 owner should get “
drem914
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 3 2017, 05:10 AM) *

Thanks for making these “ Your LED boards are the best single mod that every 914 owner should get “

agree.gif Everyone I have shown them to is thoroughly impressed. The rear brake lights really catch your attention. Also love the euro fronts, the white LEDs let me use them like head lights at dusk and dawn.
Maltese Falcon
I am using the clear AA lenses (did need some minor Fit mods) and Spoke's LED's on the 9148gtt...appealing to my eye on a Gran Prix White 914.
On our black 2.0 I dig the Euro lenses, and on the black Biturbo the French lenses. As somebody says here, "Beauty is the the eyes of the Keyholder " biggrin.gif
Marty
green ernie
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 2 2017, 08:45 PM) *

The clear lens was only sold on 914s imported to Italy. I have been running the same on the front for a couple years. The green from the LED backboard shows through. Got these from AA on Black Friday. The fit is horrible. The good news is my Hella lens are in great shape so it’s a easy switch back.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
I got these from Pelican Parts. Quality and fit is very bad, just shocking. Took them off and fitted their Euro style lenses, the quality was better but the fit was bad.
I have been told that rear lenses were never clear on Italian spec cars, they were fitted with standard Euro style lenses, only the fronts were clear. Oh btw I like the clear lenses on your cars aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 2 2017, 12:45 PM) *
Give me your thoughts “Don’t hold back”

icon8.gif barf.gif
mgphoto
Scenery is nice.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.