Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Austin Carb Troubles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jandro62
Finally getting back to the 914 project. I put the rebuilt 2.0 motor in, the mallory ignition, and a fresh set of Weber 44 idf carbs from aircooled.net. After some tinkering, I can get the motor to turn over and rev up to around 3000 rpm and then it quits on me. I'm assuming this is when it runs out of starter fluid. I'm getting gas to the carbs because the accelerator pumps work. I'm running a new cb perf. rotary fuel pump up front. My assumption is that I'm still lean some how. I've got the mixture screws turned out a little less than 2 turns. Any suggestions? I don't know what jets/venturis the aircooled.net carbs shipped with.

Any ideas?

If anyone in Austin wants to donate some carb help this weekend I'll definitely make it worth their while in beer, etc. Thanks
cha914
What part of austin? I am actually having a bit of carb issues myself (probably just need a good cleaning)

I am in south austin, maybe we can get together and have a carb tuning party?

Tony
jandro62
My house is pretty close to 2222 and MoPac. Its a small cul de sac off of Hancock Dr. about a block west of MoPac.
cha914
you live close to where I grew up. I am going to be around sat and sun this weekend, gotta do some wiring on the house, but I also wanted to tackle my carb this weekend, so I can probably swing by to lend a hand at some point.

Shoot me an email and we can work something out: cha914@gmail.com

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.