Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L Jet issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
koozy
A friend has a problem. 74 with 1.8 L Jet. Worked before removal of FI and rebuild of engine. Put the FI back on with no changes and the fuel pump won't turn on and we get no firing ofthe fuel injectors. I have no experience with L Jet. What to look at first and what fires the fuel injectors?

Thanx in advance for your help,

Mike
timothy_nd28
Double check and make sure the resistor pack is plugged back in, and also check that the connector on the air flow meter is indeed on.
timothy_nd28
Also, the single white wire from the ECU needs to be plugged onto the (-) terminal of the ignition coil. The engine will not even attempt to run with that wire off.
Dave_Darling
If the fuel pump doesn't run, there's a good chance that nothing in the system is getting power. Check the dual relay that hangs off the battery tray.

--DD
Mueller
Quick check:

With key on you should be able to push the air flap open and the pump should turn on.
koozy
Fuel pump running now. No white wire coming from the ECU to the coil
JeffBowlsby
The single white wire is from the FI harness.
timothy_nd28
Find and install this wire, most definitely needed! You should have 3 wires leading to the negative terminal and one wire to the positive side of the ignition coil.
Dave_Darling
Definitely need the single white wire connected to the coil (-) terminal. That is what tells the FI when to open the injectors!

There is also a wire in the FI wiring harness that hooks up to the T-IV connector at the right-rear of the relay board. I believe that tells the FI when the starter is cranking.

--DD
koozy
Yep, it was the white wire. Found it, connected and fired up. Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.