Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ‘76 914 2.0 Race Car on BAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Whenever I read an “indicated” mileage I always wonder how many trips to 5he moon the car has made. Also the weight reduction (Swiss cheese) trunk makes me wonder about chassis rigidity. Like the paint a ton.

Moderators please move if not in right forum.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-porsche-914-10/
ablesnead
trunk doesn't matter , but how did that roll bar get him wheel to wheel..........
Dave_Darling
There's a lot of stuff done half-assed on that car. It seems like about as good a basis for a wheel-to-wheel car as a bare shell... Some stuff that might work, and some stuff to undo. Looks like a lot more attention was paid to cosmetics than functionality.

The car doesn't seem to be exactly as represented, either. Check the spark plug locations, for instance....

--DD
infraredcalvin
This is the 2nd time around for this car, it didn’t sell, I forgot how high it got. I kept thinking it would be a good buy at 3-4K, strip for parts or put a real cage and real race engine in it.

I emailed the seller the first time around, he said he requested and was waiting for logbooks. I asked about how competitive the car was in its class, he said bad driver...
bdstone914
I wonder how well the L Jet FI system works stretched to 2.0L.
Mueller
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 6 2017, 03:48 AM) *

I wonder how well the L Jet FI system works stretched to 2.0L.

No problem at all. A few of us here have run L-Jet on slightly larger motors with no issues. In fact the injectors and air flapper have same flow numbers between the 1.8 and the 2.0 installed in the 912E in 1976.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.