Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 2.0 Values
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
Came across these three Craigslist Los Angeles Postings for two 1974 2.0 cars and a 1973 2.0. All are listed in the $22K-$26K range. Also noticed that the Hagerty valuations have crept up about $500 since the early summer.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d...6413649740.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d...6413337931.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d...6408776414.html

The 1973 looks to be the most correct & original
burton73
The first 2 are the same car. I think so?

Bob B
burton73
I tell you what. Guys are asking a lot more for parts!

Bob B
914_7T3
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 5 2017, 07:46 PM) *

The first 2 are the same car. I think so?

Bob B

Nope, different color interiors. Bumpers are chrome with fog lights on one and black without on the other.

Ansbacher
The OPEC (Organization of Porsche Escalating Charges) cartel is working! Yes, the train is definitely leaving the station. Glad I already have my 2.0 L. Saw the same thing happen after I bought a 356 for 17K in 2001. In ten years prices went through the ceiling and parts prices followed suit.

Ansbacher
Ferg
I see asking prices trending upward, but digging for actual sale prices I only see the top top cars commanding bigger money.
mmascari
Makes me wonder if I should pull the converted six out of it and put the original 2.0L motor back in. You think there will be a time when the original 2.0L cars are worth more than a six conversion?
GregAmy
QUOTE(mmascari @ Dec 6 2017, 11:48 AM) *

Makes me wonder if I should pull the converted six out of it and put the original 2.0L motor back in. You think there will be a time when the original 2.0L cars are worth more than a six conversion?

If so I'll swap you my mostly-stock '74 for your -6...open offer...
mmascari
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Dec 6 2017, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(mmascari @ Dec 6 2017, 11:48 AM) *

If so I'll swap you my mostly-stock '74 for your -6...open offer...

LOL, yeah I guess the fun factor accounts for a lot, but for a collector an original car is probably more valuable.
boxsterfan
I've got a 1974 2.0L Alaska Blue torn apart in my garage. Solid body but does need some minor hell hole work. Longs are solid. First $12,000 takes it as-is.
saigon71
I agree that 914 values are on the rise - it's fun to see!

I bought my car because it's always been my dream car, not as an investment. It's an added bonus to "be in the black" on a car. biggrin.gif

I just had the agreed upon value with the insurance company increased to $19,500, up from $14,500. They didn't even send an appraiser out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.