Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roof Panel is Bowed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I pulled the roof out the other day and started to refurbish it. i added a rubber strip along the back since the stock one is gone.

After I installed it I am now noticing an air gap at the rear of the roof. Probably ther all along. I clamp down the back hooks and they are tight....but the middle of the roof is raised up? air gap.

I am surprised they didn't design a center hook or something to lock down the middle.

What's the story with this? Do I need another panel? No pics but it looks like this where the red is the air gap. Grey is the rubber seal...

Click to view attachment
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 6 2017, 09:41 AM) *

I pulled the roof out the other day and started to refurbish it. i added a rubber strip along the back since the stock one is gone.

After I installed it I am now noticing an air gap at the rear of the roof. Probably ther all along. I clamp down the back hooks and they are tight....but the middle of the roof is raised up? air gap.

I am surprised they didn't design a center hook or something to lock down the middle.

What's the story with this? Do I need another panel? No pics but it looks like this where the red is the air gap. Grey is the rubber seal...

Click to view attachment

I'm in La Canada, want to try a different top on it? Maybe it's the roll bar and not the roof?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.