Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank you Vets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Their numbers are dwindling but not their valor. Just wanted to say thank you to those few survivors of WWII. If you have a family member or friend that served then, tell them I said thank you. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Amen. pray.gif
mmichalik
agree.gif Thank you! Not only to the WWII vets but to all veterans. I can't express my gratitude enough.
Gulf91474
Thanks to you all....
914Sixer
It is nice to recognize vets on this day. When I did my time, things weren't pleasant. Got spit on, called obscene names and all sorts of other fine gestures. Most of the vets I know stay under the radar and only acknowledge if asked about it. So thank you to the unsung veterans. pray.gif
mb911
I have a huge population of vets from recent times and still some from the 60s that come to my welding classes.. I make a point of thanking them if they share that they are vets..

Such a huge sacrifice so many made.. They all deserve our thanks and respect.
ThePaintedMan
Many folks think guys my age don't remember the significance of today. I can tell you from an early age that I appreciated the sacrifices that so many made on December 7th and in the many years since. Thank you vets for all you've done for us, and particularly on this day of infamy...
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Visiting the Arizona Monument or the Vietnam wall will bring tears to your eyes when you realize the sacrifice of these men. Even if you don’t agree with some of the conflicts they had to endure, you have to appreciate what these soldiers had to go through.
914-300Hemi
Thank you for everyone that has served. pray.gif
RickS
My gratitude goes out to all vets. Thank you for your service.
90quattrocoupe
I always think of my cousin Claude on December 7th, because he was a Pharmacist Mate on board the hospital ship USS Solace at Pearl Harbor on the fateful day. In this picture, the USS Solace is the all white ship at the north end of Ford Island sitting mostly by itself.

Interesting thing, was that the ship was not bombed, torpedoed or strafed during the attack.

He survived the war.

Greg W.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.