Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little OT, but lots of Porsche, Too Much Is Never Enough!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Some of you who like me who are from the MTV Generation will remember the likes of Billy Idol saying this. It was the first thing that popped in my head when I went to buy a couple of cars this week. I made the deal on the 2 cars and then guy asked if I wanted some motors, 14 in total. Never one to say no I agreed. The problem was I had a single car trailer, so how do I get it all home? We got creative and it was a scary ride home, through a lake effect snow storm by the Great lakes, I hate this corridor any time after Thanksgiving.
What we ended up doing was filling the bed of the truck with engines. That left us a bunch, which we front loaded on the trailer. We then took the back off the trailer after loading the car, with the front hanging off the trailer. But that left us with 3 engines, what to do? We took the gate from the trailer and put a 2nd tier on the trailer, it worked! We made it home, it wasn't a fun ride, but all arrived safe.
Too Much Is Never Enough indeed!

---Adam
914Sixer
Taking it to the limit one more time! shades.gif
Blue6
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 7 2017, 01:33 PM) *

Taking it to the limit one more time! shades.gif

I think the Eagles said that. biggrin.gif
ValcoOscar
Are you sure he didn't talk you into some bicycles...

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
You put a lot of faith in those siderails.
bretth
There's nothing that can't be done with a shit ton of good tie downs.
Betty
In that weather too!

So... how many tie downs did you use? first.gif
EdwardBlume
Quiet Riot?
Mark Henry
Reminds of when I was a younger lad with my new trailer, One time I had a friend of my dads trying to sell me industrial shelf units, I kept saying no, finally I told him the real reason "I have no money!" A couple weeks later he phoned and said "Come take what you want, free, but you have to do it today." I got there knowing it was several big shelving units, but this was a whole machine shop full of shit. By the time I had my single axle 3500lb trailer full it was very much like the bicycle truck picture. I literally had clean the shit out of my pants after every turn in the road.
I don't know how I got home without being pulled over, losing part load or breaking the axle.

That was the first of many road trips just like yours.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Betty @ Dec 8 2017, 07:34 AM) *

In that weather too!

So... how many tie downs did you use? first.gif

All of them!
KELTY360
So, where's the second car?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 8 2017, 08:50 AM) *

So, where's the second car?

I'll pick it up in the Spring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.