Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Empi Reproduction Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DickSteinkamp
Has anyone used the Empi Reproduction Fuchs?

IPB Image

5 1/2 x 15 45mm offset (5" backspacing)

Quality?

Do the fronts hub center on the newer type hubs?

Thanks.
rhodyguy
CIP1 has a wherehouse in Blaine, iirc. All kinds of wheels. Take a look at the site.
mepstein
Real Fuchs appreciate in value.
Fake Fuchs depreciate
- and never look as nice as real ones.
Mark Henry
The back spacing is wrong, made for a lowered beetle.
I'd look at euromiester rims from Automotion.
Coondog
Been running fake empi Fuchs for two years now. They look great, fit perfectly and are 1/4 of the cost. Don't really care about originality as that ship sailed along time ago on my car. Go to eBay there's a guy who lives in Chino Hills who is a empi rep who sales them at a reasonable price. He sells the 5 lug rims with the correct Porsche offset.
Click to view attachment
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 9 2017, 08:43 AM) *

CIP1 has a wherehouse in Blaine, iirc. All kinds of wheels. Take a look at the site.

Wow! Right up the street from me. I've been to their site. By quite a bit they seem to be less expensive than others.
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 9 2017, 10:18 AM) *

The back spacing is wrong, made for a lowered beetle.
I'd look at euromiester rims from Automotion.

Width, diameter, and backspacing is the same as stock 914 wheels (5 1/2 x 15 and 5" backspacing/45 mm offset). They do make other sizes that probably look best on bugs and would not fit well on a stock fendered 914.
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 9 2017, 10:19 AM) *

Been running fake empi Fuchs for two years now. They look great, fit perfectly and are 1/4 of the cost. Don't really care about originality as that ship sailed along time ago on my car. Go to eBay there's a guy who lives in Chino Hills who is a empi rep who sales them at a reasonable price. He sells the 5 lug rims with the correct Porsche offset.
Click to view attachment

Thanks, dog! Beautiful car BTW.
Spoke
Euromeisters kick ass in 7x17 and 9x17. Very reasonably priced too when on sale.

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Coondog's look good, but IMHO, the ones in the original post look terrible.
burton73
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 9 2017, 12:49 PM) *

Coondog's look good, but IMHO, the ones in the original post look terrible.

agree.gif

Bob B
914Sixer
Another option is Maxilite wheels. They have German TUV approval. Start at $190. They make about every option available for 15 and 16 inch wheels, including the 7R option.
r_towle
Spoke,
Well done! Perfect stance and perfect wheels!
DickSteinkamp
I went ahead and got the reproductions from California Import Parts. They were on sale for $100 ea with free shipping and no tax. (satin spokes are $90 ea). Very happy with the quality. I'm sure a Porsche expert can tell the diff from originals, but for my purpose (914 V8) they will work just fine.

IPB Image

IPB Image
DavidSweden
I think the Fuchs wheels are overrated. Sure they look real pretty but not at that money. Invest in some ATS Cookie cutters I promise you they will grow on you
Larmo63
Ugly AF.

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
V-8 914, needs 17x7 CIP1
forrestkhaag
I am running the same wheels as Coondog / and happy with the fit, finish and the number of people who,like me, don't care about originality verses usability.......

As as for cookie cutters, I have had them on a 911 Targa and on my 914 (6x15's on the 914) and they served me well. The fake Fuchs are quite light on the ampunt of weight needed to balance the wheel/tire as well.

beerchug.gif
914Toy
Agree with Mark, here are my Euromeister 16"x7" Fuchs replicas from Automotion - good quality product:Click to view attachment
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 16 2017, 02:42 PM) *

V-8 914, needs 17x7 CIP1

Looks great! What offset are the wheels? What size are the tires? Any work needed to clear?

Thanks.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Dec 16 2017, 04:26 PM) *

V-8 914, needs 17x7 CIP1

Looks great! What offset are the wheels? What size are the tires? Any work needed to clear?

Thanks.

no work fit fine I have 205/50 and 205/40 set,,,ill post pics of each
sixnotfour
flag.gif they only sell one offset... i got both sets off Samba with tires 500-700
914Toy
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Dec 16 2017, 03:26 PM) *

V-8 914, needs 17x7 CIP1

Thanks.

Tires are 205/45/R16's. Rolled the rear fenders with a baseball bat, and pulled them out a little by hand. Plenty of room in front.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.