Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Board Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
I'm assuming the pedal board can be installed over the pedal set without unbolting the gas pedal from the floor. So that would mean I'm an idiot. So any hints?
burton73
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Dec 9 2017, 03:44 PM) *

I'm assuming the pedal board can be installed over the pedal set without unbolting the gas pedal from the floor. So that would mean I'm an idiot. So any hints?

shades.gif
r_towle
Pull the top of the gas pedal towards the rear, the rod in the back of the pedal will pop out. It’s a ball and socket. The socket is rubber so it flexes.
Pedal board fits without unbolting gas pedal from floor.
To reinsert the ball into the socket, after you have installed the pedal board, hold the rod with vice grips wedges against the pedal board and press the gas pedal back onto the rod, or smack it,
ndfrigi
no need to remove the gas pedal. Just install it without the rubber cover pedal to have more room. Yes kinda tricky removing or installing the pedal board. start inserting w
the board with brake pedal.
Calwaterbear
Thanks guys
Matty900
I find it easier to pop the gas pedal linkage off from the side closest to the front of the car. In other words, leave it connected to the pedal itself and pop it off the other end. The new gas pedals were designed so that that link stays put and does not pop off as easy.
I looked through my photos and only have a photo of how not to do it. It is showing the linkage connected to the pedal cluster and not the gas pedal. When I went to put the gas pedal on it was a real b**** to try and do it this way. When putting in a new gas pedal , Pop it onto the gas pedal before you put the gas pedal in and then it's easier to connect it where it is shown in this picture.
iankarr
Yeah removing the pedal board is a little like one of those bar puzzles. It’s a little easier if you remove the rubber off the pedals but basically you tilt the top part of the board towards you and maneuver the clutch pedal out first then the brake pedal easily follows. Def no need to unbolt the accelerator pedal.

Matt...great tip about reinstalling the ball connector!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.