Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Line help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
I purchased a great SS fuel line set from Tangerine for my 2.3 Carb conversion. I am mounting the Carter fuel pump and filter on the firewall to the right of the end of the SS line that come through the firewall.

I just can't seem to figure out how this small SS line goes up through the engine shelf.

Chris has emailed me trying to help me, but I am just not getting it. It seems the line is too long or reversed or something? Has anyone installed this?

Click to view attachment
iankarr
Strange. It looks in your pics as if the two holes where the lines are supposed to go have been covered over. Or maybe they’re hidden by the paper. They should be under the battery tray and a little bit towards the firewall. Here’s a link which has pictures that show where the fuel lines go up into the engine compartment. There should also be 45° angle rubber grommets to protect the lines from rubbing against bare metal.

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_fuellines_ss.php

The engine shelf hole you’ve got the supply SS line poking through in the second pic is for the fuel pump wiring and oil temp sender grommet.

Here’s a vid I made of the install. Hope it helps!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFsZoI_W3g
iankarr
Also....
It looks like you’re missing the clip which holds the fuel lines to the engine bay wall. The lines follow an approximately 45 degree angle from under the battery tray and the “curved” tops are supposed to be retained by the clip.

Click to view attachment
simonjb
Thanks!

So I think I understand now. First, the clip is there - but its yellow, so you can barely see it. The main problem is we repaired a bit of rust in the Hell hole and replaced the shelf to make it all look clean - and thus forgot the fuel line hole!
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
iankarr
QUOTE(simonjb @ Dec 10 2017, 10:19 AM) *

Thanks!

So I think I understand now. First, the clip is there - but its yellow, so you can barely see it. The main problem is we repaired a bit of rust in the Hell hole and replaced the shelf to make it all look clean - and thus forgot the fuel line hole!

Glad you got it sorted out! I see the yellow clip. There's another one near the top of the lines, which I added a shot of in my previous post.

PS Great pic, Ndfrfigi!
simonjb
Now new hole and grommet - line installed

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.