Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber GBs Create More Work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
No doubt 914 Rubber has some great GBs. But often these great deals wind up costing me lots of money!

Example. Front shock bushings. Since I have Koni adjustables on the rear might as well add new shocks to the front while doin the bushings $$$$$$$$

Stainless shafts for rear. Might as well change the rear wheel bearing $$$$$$$.

Axels out need to change outter CV joints $$$$$.

Might as well take the engine out and address a poorly repaired clutch tube $$$$$$.

Engine out, might as well send to Orginal Customs to build to a 2.3 $$$$$$.

I sense a conspiracy here!

Anyone else observe this? What projects did Mark create for you?

mepstein
I ended up with duplicates of enough parts from multiple group buys that I had to buy another 914 headbang.gif
cal44
I'm sitting here yucking it up reading your comments. Oh' do I get it.
I am a parts whore myself, I make no excuses. Maybe I need another car......
bandjoey
Just waiting for a body in white from Restoration Design popcorn[1].gif
914Sixer
Mike,
You know how it works. No way around it. It has always been, while you are there, you might as well replace that too. confused24.gif
PanelBilly
Bought the steering wheel rubber bushing thing. Might as well pull the steering rack off and send it to Mark for a rebuild. At least the winter rains are near and I won't be driving the car
mb911
They do a great job marketing.. It feels like it is must have..
bbrock
Well, since I've got my car stripped to the naked chassis, they aren't creating more work for me, but these group buys are playing heck with my project plan and storage. You know... I had this idea I could start with the rustoration, buy parts as needed and put them in... then move to the suspension and brakes... and so on. But NO. These GBs come up and you can't pass them up. So now I'm storing master cylinders, battery terminal blocks, and stuff I can't remember. Then Black Friday comes along and, KABOOM! Now I have to figure out where to cram half an interior for a year or two. And it didn't stop there. Now there are suspension bushing and, yep, gonna have to get those air deflectors. I think maybe by the time I have paint on my car, I'll be able to finish the project from my personal warehouse of these unbeatable deals! smilie_pokal.gif
Mblizzard
More work! Just purchased adjustable front drop links to add with the front end work.
amfab
+1 to all of this
Chris914n6
Only in that I have to take things apart to put the new stuff in and fix/replace something I broke in the process....
Mblizzard
Parts coming in $$$

Click to view attachment

We should make Mark at least pay for the install?
rhodyguy
biggrin.gif
Mblizzard
OK so not counting the engine build I have placed orders for over $2K in parts to go with thes GBs. I have spent more on this Car than it cost new.

But this car is destined to go to my godson when I am done so I guess I can’t complain. I just hope he keeps it going for another 40 years. Hope I get to spend some time with him explaining the car and all of the people and vendors that supported its restoration.

But Mark I think you owe me a discount on my next order.
Mikey914
Don't I take care of you? biggrin.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Dec 13 2017, 04:08 PM) *

Parts coming in $$$

Click to view attachment

So when you have the upper strut bearing pulled you might as well replace the hold down plates with shiny ones right ? poke.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 16 2017, 09:43 PM) *

Parts coming in $$$

Click to view attachment

So when you have the upper strut bearing pulled you might as well replace the hold down plates with shiny ones right ? poke.gif

And you would not want to put those nice new bushing in ugly old housing right? smile.gif
This is really getting to be a lot of fun. Where should I stop?
Bruce
Mblizzard
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 16 2017, 07:47 PM) *

Parts coming in $$$

Click to view attachment

And you would not want to put those nice new bushing in ugly old housing right? smile.gif
Bruce

Alright Bruce you know I love you stuff. Send me a total,
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 16 2017, 07:24 PM) *

Don't I take care of you? biggrin.gif

You sure do and many others as well.

Got my rain tray sorted thanks to you and the extra effort you made to help out.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Dec 17 2017, 02:46 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 16 2017, 07:47 PM) *

Parts coming in $$$

Click to view attachment

Bruce

Alright Bruce you know I love you stuff. Send me a total,

Crap Bruce got me again. Need the rear bearing plates also! But he does such good work it adds so much to any repair.
Mblizzard
As expected from Bruce, received some high quality replated parts. It is hard to get anything better than this.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Next bit of work to go with the GB effort. Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Do those require a specific set of calipers?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 28 2017, 06:41 AM) *

Do those require a specific set of calipers?

No they are for stock calipers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.