Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine tins dilema
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barefoot
I seem to have acquired extra engine tins and have 2 different styles that fit beside the #3 cylinder. One is short and just covers to the bottom of the cylinder fins, the other is longer and has a duct pointing aft which does not fit to the bottom piece.
I'm assuming the longer one may be a bus or 912 E part, but wanted the brain trust here to guide me. Whichever one is incorrect goes in my Christmas freebe pile (in another thread)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
The one with the duct was used on early 1.7 engines, not sure about 912E.
McMark
I haven't seen that variation. It would be nice to start collecting info about these parts to know for sure. But as it is it could be from any number of cars/models.

* 914 1.7 (early late?)
* 914 2.0
* 914 1.8
* Early 914?
* Late 75/76 914?
* Early bus
* Late bus
* Vanagon
* 411/412

914Sixer
I went to the PET and got this picture. Look at piece 32 , it attaches to the tin (21) and forms a pocket. There is a square hole cut in the top engine tin that a hot air socket (33) sat on top. PET brakes down the engine numbers
jcd914
The tin pieces in question are #20 and #21 it the PET illustration.

Jim
barefoot
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 11 2017, 11:19 AM) *

The tin pieces in question are #20 and #21 it the PET illustration.

Jim

Yep, it's #21 and the longer version is now in my giveaway pile
JamesM
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 11 2017, 06:58 AM) *

The one with the duct was used on early 1.7 engines, not sure about 912E.

I was not aware of any difference on the #3 side specific to the early 1.7s If I recall the early intake air pre heater thing was off the #1 side. I have one in my parts pile somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.