Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picture of rear bumper top support pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Does anybody have a picture of the support piece on the rear panel to bolt to the rear bumper top? I don't have one on my back tail panel and would like to see one welded on so I can place a metal piece back on the tail panel.

Thanks,
Buck
Tom_T
Buck,

I don't believe that there was anything on the rear panel to attach to the bumper topper, cuz it just bolts onto the top of the bumper.

Here is a pic of my know original (it has the OE L80E under all other colors since) 8/31/72 built 73 2.0 - it is a tad bent (may be a buff out job? biggrin.gif ) - but you can see it well enough that there are no upper tabs for the topper. The 2 holes near the center are for the license plate lights' wiring (they mount to the top of the bumper's lic. plate notch).

The only item welded to the rear panel is the tow hook attachment bracket, about which someone on here was asking about their 914 rear panel lacking one.

Click to view attachment

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
theer
Do you mean the tab in the center? See pics here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=304776
carl k
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Directly below the lock, it supports the center of the bumper top.
bbrock
Here's a couple more pics of that tab from my April '73

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

I finally put tape over it after I ripped every pair of work pants and cut my leg on that little @#$%.
mepstein
agree.gif every ‘70-74 has the metal support.
Tom_T
Buck -

I stand corrected, as I couldn't see the one tab by Carl & Brent above.

Here is another angle of mine showing the single center tab....

Click to view attachment
> enlarge the area under the rear trunk button.

I'd suggest dry fitting with the rear bumper, pad/stud & your rear panel in order to get it to line up with that center stud on the topper & hole in the bumper.

Sorry for the misinformation initially, I was in a hurry to annswer & only looked at my one pic.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.