Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cores wanted injectors calipers aux air valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We need core parts to rebuild!! I know that you are all sitting on some old used 914 parts that when rebuilt, other 914 owners need. We have a great rebuilding program going on here, and for years have relied on our vast collection of 914 donor cars for parts to rebuild. Over the years though, the supply is beginning to run low, and with owners not returning their cores to us, we are beginning to have problems filling rebuilt parts orders promptly, often having to remove parts from the dearly departed.
Here is what we are paying for cores: To receive full value they must have not been tampered with and be complete.
rear 914 calipers 75.00 each
1.7 2.0 aux air valves 50.00 each
1.7 injectors 20. each
1.8 injectors 15. each (they hardly ever go bad!!)
2.0 injectors 20. each
0280100043 pressure sensors 50.00 each
0280100049 pressure sensors 30.00 each
0280100037 pressure sensors 75.00 each
rust free heat exchanger branch pieces 25.00
rust free j pipes with tabs 25.00
fuel injection three nipple fuel pumps 50.00

send post paid attn "core" and we will send you a check
rhodyguy
Is shipping reimbursed too? If the cores are deemed unacceptable, by your staff, we eat the shipping?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no shipping, but we 914 guys all know what constitutes a good core and a bad core. If someone sends branch pieces and j pipes with big rot holes in them obviously no one would want them. If someone sends a pressure sensor that has been gutted they cannot be rebuilt, if someone sends an injector with the plugin crushed and broken no one can rebuild that. If someone sends only one half of a rear caliper, or one with a missing piston, no one can rebuild that. Just use common sense. Have never had a problem with any core purchases before

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 13 2017, 12:19 PM) *

Is shipping reimbursed too? If the cores are deemed unacceptable, by your staff, we eat the shipping?
914work
just to be clear that is $150 a pair (L & R) of R. calipers?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 13 2017, 10:36 PM) *

yes 75 each for 914 complete rear caliper cores
914werke
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 14 2017, 08:51 AM) *

Hmm. OK. So how long until we would receive the check? 5 days, 14 days, 90 days?
bdstone914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 14 2017, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 14 2017, 08:51 AM) *

Hmm. OK. So how long until we would receive the check? 5 days, 14 days, 90 days?

He told me a check would be sent the next day.
I would prefer Paypal for a transaction like this.
He should pay first then parts ship.
clapeza
How about walk-ins? If I drop off the parts in person, can I get paid on the spot?
jim_hoyland
I'll dig through my spare parts stash; I may have 8 good 1.8L injectors....
PlaysWithCars
Hi George. If we some of these parts kicking around, how do we go about sending them in? Contact, address, submission form???
PotterPorsche
I believe I have to 8-10 914 rear brake caliper cores.
Krieger
Guys. I hate to say this and I waited a few days after seeing this add so I would not say some thing I regret. I had a bad experience with AA doing exactly this. It was at least 10 years back. I mailed in 5 engine compartment electric fans. They all worked very well and were not damaged or molested. They only paid me for 4. Nobody there was able to remedy the situation for me or give me any explanation as to why. I think he was paying something like $35 each. It wasn't the end of the world, but it was just the principal. IDK what you should do to cover yourself if you choose to do this. Take and include pictures with a itemized list? What if your calipers look used and unmolested on the outside, but are rusty inside and you didn't know?
Krieger
I hate to shed light on a problem without a possible solution. Of course it is way easier to throw everything in one box and send it off rather than list each part and deal with multiple sellers and payments. I have a solution. Maybe the seller could photo each part and give an honest description (just like a real add) then email George to see if the parts meet his criteria and he can give you an honest quote. In George's defence some people may send in garbage. Everyone could be happy. Happy Holidays!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes, as long as our accountant is here, no problem

QUOTE(clapeza @ Dec 15 2017, 04:58 PM) *

How about walk-ins? If I drop off the parts in person, can I get paid on the spot?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
just send them with your information, we will check them in and send you a check.
I am glad I posted, we are getting cores!!! Thank you all for sending them.

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Dec 17 2017, 12:09 PM) *

Hi George. If we some of these parts kicking around, how do we go about sending them in? Contact, address, submission form???

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Just wanted to thank everyone for sending. Anyone receive your checks yet?
black73
Yes, received a check today. Merry Christmas!
sixnotfour
Great Core price,,, instead of "ya ill take em"....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
914 owners really need these parts and the last thing we need to do is not have parts available for these cars.
Believe it or not it is really not the money, but the availability. We have a great great core rebuilding program going, so as a passionate 914 owner, to be able to just "call up" and have the part instantly available is so comforting. We hate to charge high core charges, but believe it or not, very very few return their cores, and we are constantly going to the dearly departed (we have 147 of them) to remove a limb or a heart, or a kidney. By offering reasonable payment for cores, we can get the parts back into circulation to owners who desperately need them.
Finally, as more and more parts for these cars are discontinued, if someone does not rebuild, or reproduce, the cars will become less restorable and hence fall out of favor
jt914
Sent out a box of cores about 2 weeks ago or so and received a nice check today. Thanks George.
branston
Me too, Dropped a core in the mail before Christmas and received my check today.
Thanks AA.
DRPHIL914
i have 3 -4 d-jet AAR valves , one looks like brand new but doesn't open or close all the way, same with the others - still interested in these too?
914Sixer
Got my check today. piratenanner.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank all of you for sending the cores in, we now have a sufficiency for the time being except for the 037 pressure sensors, and the J pipes with bracket.
mgp4591
Aw crap - missed my window for sending in the rear caliper cores.... but glad you have enough to help people out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.